Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Work

I'm in shock. I just can't believe it. You work for a company, you think the company is behind you. Ryan's tools that were stolen, due to another employee's neglect to lock the house they were working in, will not be replaced. He left before 4 on Friday and because the others come into work later in the morning, they stayed at the house later, but they didn't lock up behind them. Why should Ryan have to eat the $500 worth of tools? He shouldn't. He won't. He's done.

So we're once again entering the world of self employment. He's done it before, so I know he can do it again. Yes it's stressful, and he will be back to working all the time. Maybe it's my turn to go to work?! Things might be changing drastically around here soon. Oh, and those of you who have had Ryan look at your jobs lately, they're going to get done a lot faster now. If there's anyone else needing work done, please call or email me (enseno153@aol.com). It looks like Straight-Line Construction may be starting back up again!

8 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Maybe he can take them to small claims court. Best wishes with the restart of the self employed world. My hubby just left that.

mom2noah said...

I'm sorry to hear about Ryan's stolen tools. Good luck with Straight Line , I know he will be succesful. Hugs to Chelsea as well.

mom2noah said...

Ps. Have you check with your home owner's insurance? My bike was stolen and home owner's covered it. Just a thought

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Grrr.....someone told me once that bad things happen to help us build character and that he had enough character to be a cartoon! I think you are getting there as well. Pretty soon we will see you in the Sunday comics, huh?!!

I am sorry to hear about the latest challenge. Thank God, that Ryan already has what he needs to jump right in and start back up his business. Let us know if you need anything!

Tamara said...

Bummer, girl! I hope everything works out for the best. Prayers -

Michelle said...

UGGG! I'm so sorry to be reading this! Is there anything that we can do? Jeff works on interior jets for a living and has so very many tools at home too. Perhaps we have "extras" of certain things. email me if you think that we can help. And ditto - homeowners may cover things...

My Three Sons said...

I don't know how they do things in Kansas but here in Missouri I take care of my employees. We had one stylist working one day when the shop was closed and he had several people in my salon. Long story short, the next day three different stylist came up to me and told me that their shears were missing. They ranged between $275.00-450.00). The one stylist that was commissioned (on my payroll) I bought his at 100%. The other two are booth rental and they are supposed to carry their own insurance and I paid 75%. (they would have had a deductable if they would have filed a claim). I didn't have to do that but try to be loyal to them so the will return the favor.

Sorry to hear she is such a witch. I could have lots of things for Ryan to do between the 4 salons if he ever drives to Kansas City. We always have something breaking. Let me know if he ever makes it to the city and I could go through and make a list.

Take Care
Kaci

PS I think I told you this before but if you want to get some of your Mary Kay catalogs together, we could try to sell some of it in my salon.

Diane said...

I've been thinking about your family and wanted to leave this note for you to explore. I believe you are outside of KC but how about having your husband look into UPS? They provide full benefits (even for PT), pay well, and provides tuition reimbursement! I believe in a previous post he was looking into going back to school. Just wanted to pass the idea along.