Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's the Little Things

And great things continue to happen!

The job Ryan was working on last week was broken into over the weekend. The guys that worked there last on Friday night didn't lock the doors and some of Ryan's tools were stolen. Almost $500 worth. It doesn't look like his boss is willing to pay him back for his personal loss. Her insurance deductible is $1,000 and she told him to take it as a lesson learned. He tried to reason with her and she told him she'd call him right back after she talked to her accountant. That was 8 hours ago. We're not sure what to do, but he may be unemployed soon.

Now for my good news turned not so good. I went to the dentist today and he told me my teeth looked great, no new cavities! Oh, but one of my OLD cavities chipped. I have to go back have it removed and re-filled. So basically, I have to get another cavity! Grrrrr.

And remember that old (er, new) mac computer that crashed with all my pictures? The place certified to work on them couldn't get the hard drive back in, so I had to leave it with them. Just another delay on getting it repaired. They said they may be able to replace the hard drive under my warranty while they have it there. That would be nice. I've learned not to hold my breath.

So a SERIOUSLY great thing that happened? Ryan's stepsister came over to babysit while we went to parent night, and when we got home .... drum roll .... both kids were in bed .... ASLEEP! Nothing short of a miracle! I told you I've learned to appreciate the little things.

No comments: