Friday, June 27, 2008

Confirmed

Doctor says it's a classic case of croup. She did okay today, not great, but okay. Can't update much now, she's in her playpen at the foot of my bed standing up grabbing my feet. I'm keeping her on Tylenol tonight for the pain, she was clenching her throat this morning when she woke up. We also got an oral steroid to help open up the airway. He did say, no more benedryl. He didn't say why, but he didn't think it would help. He said tonight wouldn't be much better but by tomorrow night it should start to improve. Not wanting to jinx myself, but so far so good, she's hardly coughing. When she does though, it sounds pretty nasty.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Too bad it's not cold out, I liked the idea of taking her outside. Logan's not coughing much tonight either, he must have known Chelsea was getting all the attention last night!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Get better sweet girl! And...keep your chin up Carey!

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Thank God for a classic case of croup! I know it is exhausting and worrysome having her not feel good, but dang a good 'ole case of croup is way better than what you all have just gone through!!!!

Take care and rest well this weekend!
C

Anonymous said...

i've got one that is prone to getting croup. we've resorted to sitting her in front of an open freezer before lol

All 4 My Gals said...

Praying your angel is feeling tip top soon! HUGS

Becky said...

Hope she is feeling a little better by now!

I saw this tonight.. maybe you have already heard of or seen this. anyway I figured it wouldnt hurt to post it anyway!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5255393&page=1