Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bug Bites and Food Poisoning

I wish I could say we're all better over here in our part of the world, but Chelsea's nasty virus seems to be hanging on, and I've gotten it also! Ryan told me today I'm starting to sound like her, ... you know that sexy raspy 'smokers' voice. Yes, I know, not so sexy, right! We haven't had a lot of fevers this weekend, but she's just pretty tuckered out and whiney which is not like her at all.

Last night we took the kids to an outdoor party and they had a great time, playing with the other kids and getting dirty. We did have to leave in a hurry though b/c I ate something that did not go over well. In fact we raced out of there and didn't even make it home. I haven't been that sick in a long, long time. And gas station, public restrooms, ewwwww. Feeling better today, although my stomach's churning just thinking about it.

Then we have Mr. Logan over here with his supposed bug bite. It's in a place where men really don't want to get a bug bite. Let's just say where there were once two, there now appears to be three. It's that big. Red, swollen and bruised from itching it so much. If it weren't for Ryan I would have had him in the ER when I first saw it last night. I don't know much about boys, but I do know that Logan is our only chance at grandchildren, so we don't want to mess around when it comes to this stuff. I'm hoping it will look better tomorrow. And no, this is one thing I didn't call my mom about. She had four girls and while she's a registered nurse, she always worked in labor and delivery, so this is one area I had to seek advice else where.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a chigger bite, probably from the outdoor party. Was he playing in the grass maybe? Ugly and itchy, but no worries about grandchildren. :-) Jeannie

Unknown said...

Colby got a chigger there last year. Oh man. Luckily my mil who only had one child (my husband) assured me it looks a loss worse than it was. We just let the poor kid soak in the tub extra long and doused his private in calomine lotion. Of course we spent lots of time yelling "stop itching!!" bc it just looked awful.