If you were wondering why we didn't post yesterday it's because we were so busy enjoying being HOME!!! Yep, her ANC was 23 yesterday so they sent us on our way. It took 3 hours to pack everything up and load the truck, but I got it done...all by myself. I was very nervous about learning everything I needed to know before discharge, but really they didn't teach me anything I didn't already know.
Today I laid down during her nap and everything I have to remember was running through my head. I think I realize was my entire body is so tense. I feel this overwhelming responsibility ... I'm the parent that has all of her care information. I've been there everyday, purposefully, so I wouldn't miss anything. I could have come home on the weekends when Ryan was at the hospital, but I just can't, I'm afraid I'll miss something...I guess that's the control freak in me! So we've got to hep-lock both lines each morning, vanc paste three times a day, antibiotics M,Tu,W starting on the 29th, dressing changes once a week, and lab draws as scheduled...hmmm....want me to continue? It's really a lot easier than I thought it would be though. I'm just thrilled to have her home!
She fell asleep on the way yesterday and Daddy was there when she woke up! She perked up pretty quickly and was on her way to exploring the house. We have a mirror in the hallway that she likes to look at herself in and she went right to it and kept going back there last night. She was giving herself kisses in it! There really wasn't any mirror at her level in the hospital so I wonder if she forgot how cute she was! She slept like a log last night and again for nap. She did wake up around 3am, I think she was just turned around a bit in her crib though. I made Daddy go in there and settle her down...I needed a night off. He's grumpy at night, but I know deep down he didn't mind.
Chelsea's hemoglobin was 8.1 yesterday (they usually transfuse when it falls under 8). They opted against transfusing before discharge probably b/c she was acting pretty good. Today she's happy as can be, but I can see she's weak. Her walking is very wobbly and she crawls sometimes. If she doesn't get stronger tomorrow I'll call the hospital. We'll likely have to get her blood drawn at the hospital to see if she needs a transfusion.
Well...Mommy is off for some Jazzercise! Hopefully I can get loosened up and start feeling better soon! I've been living in a dungeon! Have a great weekend and I'll post pictures as I get time.
Hello world!
3 years ago
17 comments:
i am so happy you are home and glad she slept so well!
I'm soooo happy that she's home!!!!
Yippppppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dunbars are doing the Chelsea is home boogey dance. So glad to hear the news. Enjoy the time at home.
Talk to you soon!
Wonderful news! I'm so thankful that you're home for some well-deserved R&R. Give that sweet girl a ton of extra hugs from us.
wonderful news!!!
miss e and rebecca.
Glad you are home. Give her a hug from Abigail. Carol &Abigail
WooHoo! Best news I've heard all week. I'll never understand all that you are going through or what is required to care for Chelsea, but what I do know is you are both better off HOME and in a comfortable environment.
I need a Chelsea total cutie fix, so please send some picture updates if have an extra nano minute to spare. Have fun unwinding at jazzercise.
Enjoy your weekend home with the family. Terry & Noah.
Doin' the Happy Dance here at NiksHouse! Enjoy some much needed and well deserved rest in you rown bed!
It is amazing how much the little things like a mirror can bring so much happiness:)
We are so excited you made it home! I bet going to jazzercise was a terrific outting for you. Can't wait to see pictures. We miss you all so so much!!!
We are so happy for all of you that she gets to be home (you too)! I hope you get some much needed Jazzercise mommy time.
And there is no way she could possibly forget how cute she is, little miss sassy!
Love Vicki and Emme
So happy to hear that you are home! We continue to keep sweet Chelsea in our prayers. HUGS and I hope you can get some rest.
Love,
Katrina & Brant
I am smiling from ear to ear - and a little teary eyed reading the great news!! Welcome home. Enjoy this time with the whole family there together.
and kudos to you for Jazzercising. You need the stress relief.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of Sweet Chelsea. Matthew sends lots of hugs and kisses.
Michelle - Matthew's Mom
WELCOME HOME!!! I totally understand the pressure of remembering all that medical stuff and going from 24/7 nursing care where it's up to them to keep track, to nothing and it's all on you. I find some of the mind-buzzing goes away and I can rest if I make a list of meds/treatments, doses, times, etc and tape it to the inside of a cupboard door where I have all his meds lined up in their own tupperware container. Hang in there! Luv you guys! Glad you got to go burn some stress off at jazzersize. :)
WTG Chelsea... so glad you are home! Hugs and Love from Conor
YEAH CHELSEA!!!! We are thrilled to hear your home! Enjoy your much need time there.(Yours too, Carey!) If you need any thing CALL us!
Love,
Chris, Eddy, Sarah, Jaycee and Jake
YAY! So happy that she is home. And Carey, you are AMAZING! Stay strong, sister. Many, many prayers still coming your way. Have everyone at my Cathedral praying for you all as well.
Many hugs from all of us and special ones coming from Elliot!
Love,
Michelle
so happy to hear the good news and i hope i can visit you guys soon!
love laura
Post a Comment