Saturday, October 20, 2007

Another Family Homecoming

Many of you have read about my brother in laws custody battle this past summer. Well this long drawn out process is finally coming to an end. Yesterday, he drove to Minnesota to pick up his three youngest children from foster care. They are here to stay! The social worker and the guardian ad litem decided that it was in the best interest of the kids for them to come live with their father in Kansas. Unfortunately it took them months to figure this out! His youngest daughter, Emma, celebrated her first birthday in foster care last week. We are thrilled though that it is coming to an end and they are finally reunited!

4 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

That's awesome news! I thought about that recently. I was wondering what ever happened. That was way too long to be in Foster care, but I am glad it's over with now.

Angel The Alien said...

Congratulations to your brother-in-law for getting his children out of foster care! It takes a very dedicated parent to be able to weave through all that red tape! I hope they will be able to be a happy family forever, now!

Anonymous said...

Amy I am soooooooo happy to hear the kids are finally going to be coming home to him, were they should have been all along..This has not been an easy road for him and I am sure no one is happier then all of the kids to be togather again... CONGRADS!!!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed I called you Amy F. hehehe I am a dork but I was think I needed to get ahold of Amy and ask her for your address again b/c the drawings I mail to you came back so I needed to find out if I wrote the wrong addy on the package and I did!
CAREY! I am remailing them on Sat. the 27th. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like it did when they were lost....
Sorry this has taken so long...