I know, everyone has crazy days, but when does the madness stop? I am here typing as I finally have gotten both kids in bed. Yes, I said BOTH...I'm not really sure that Logan is sleeping as I can hear something banging on the walls in the other room. I'm just going to go with the theory that it's a "spooky ghost". I need this break. Yesterday there was none. Chelsea was so tired she conked out at 11:30, so that means she was up by 1:00, which is precisely the time I put Logan to bed. Funny how that works out. Oh well, what's another day without a shower? I think the kids are getting used to the funny smell.
So, after going non-stop all day, we had the fabulous idea of trying to enjoy a family dinner w/ the in-laws at the pizza place down the road. What were we thinking...on a Monday night??? Logan spent the entire dinner begging us to get down and play on the video games and gumball machines, but when we finally caved to his requests we found him climbing on top of the machines! So back to his seat he went. And on we continued with a peaceful dinner. Yeh right! Chelsea had decided she was done for the day. Remember that early nap she took? Well she was exhausted b/c she'd been up since 1pm! So, she cried for the 2nd half of the dinner, and while we tried to cuddle and relax her all she wanted to do was throw her arms and legs back and arch with all her muscles. Have you ever tried to hold an arching baby? It's easy to drop them or boink their heads on something. I felt like we needed a straight jacket. Yes, this is rare behavior for our sweet little angels, but you have to remember she's been taking lessons from big brother for 9 months on how to throw a temper tantrum!
You didn't think that was the end of my story did you? When we arrived home, Ryan unlocked the front door only to have our sweet little dog run out the front door as he opened it. She was gone in a heartbeat...Why you may ask??? Well I'll admit it's my fault. I thought I'd help out and take the trash out for Ryan, only I didn't get it outside yet. I tied it up and set it by the front door. It wasn't by the front door anymore. It was all over the kitchen floor. Yep, that sweet little dog dashed b/c she knew she was in big trouble! Did you know beagle's like dirty baby diapers? So while I cleaned up the kitchen Ryan wandered around the house to find any stray trash and to locate the funky smell that still lingered in the air. Well he found it. He found two of "it". I guess the dog had a full belly and couldn't hold it, so she went in the house 2 times!!! Can you believe it. We were only gone for 1 hour! No big deal. I can handle this. So, we cleaned, bathed, searched for missing dog, books, bedtime kisses, then bed. AHHHHH...Thank goodness they both slept through the night last night. Did I mentioned how nice it is that BOTH kids are napping right now?!
Finally I have to share my lousy attempt to get a nice photograph w/ both of my kids looking at the camera. (I didn't ask for smiles, just wanted them looking in my direction simultaneously!)


How Sweet!
Close enough!
Hello world!
3 years ago
2 comments:
Ewww... beagles and dirty diapers--what a fun mix for you.
I hope your Tuesday was better.
The photos are adorable!
those last 2 pictures are so sweet and precious!
Post a Comment