Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Back to School




With all the hustle and bustle of going back to school I find myself relieved to not take part in the chaos this year. I occasionally have nightmares about my unfinished classroom, but then I wake up and realize...no school for me this year. This is actually the first time since I was 4 years old that I have not gone to school in the fall! Wow that's amazing.

On the other hand, Logan has started school. He started preschool at "Most of My Heart." He seems to like it, but has gotten in trouble his first two days, once for fighting 'monsters' and the other time for hitting another little boy over the head with a dinosaur. When I came to pick him up after his first day, he saw that his backpack was empty, so he fell to the floor screaming because he didn't want to leave his school supplies, he wanted to take them back home. He layed there in the doorway crying, kicking and yelling at me in front of the other parents and both of his teachers. What will these teachers think of this onery child? I just pray he won't be kicked out his first semester!

We are loving this cooler weather, and have been taking every opportunity to get outside. We have discovered some hiking trails near our house and we have been doing a lot of exploring. We had fun exploring this morning through the "spooky forest". Logan did get a little scared though when he heard an animal, so he held onto my hand tightly, and we made it out safely.

Miss Chelsea is doing wonderful. She loves to be with mommy and big brother all day. Logan is busy stimulating her all day long! She just absolutely loves him and watches his every move. She even pushes her little butt up in the air like she's trying to crawl. Or she'll push her chest all the way off the floor. If she could just put it all together, she'd be on the go. Won't be long now!

No comments: