Sunday, July 16, 2006

6 month milestones!!!





Wow it's been a long time since I posted last, and so much has happened in the past few weeks. Chelsea continues to amaze us every day! I never knew a simple smile could warm my heart and bring me peace time and time again. She is just the sweetest thing. She gives love to all of us everyday unconditionally, and that is truly a precious gift. There are no words to explain how much I love her!

It seems like 6 months was a magical number for her. She's been wanted to sit up for a while, but just this last week she's been sitting on her own for longer periods of time. Last Friday (she was 6 months, 5 days) she sat up for about a minute on her own! Of course when she gets tired she just topples over! She's also beginning to laugh more and more at simple things, our funny faces, our silly noises, her brother! Her giggles make me feel at peace. It's like she's so happy, and we're doing all the right things. We also started her on veggies this past week. She's had green beans and carrots, and she loves them both. I tried to give her a Vanilla Wafer the other day, but she couldn't quite pick it up and get it to her mouth. I put it in her mouth though and she sucked on it and loved it. I sit her in her chair and give her a little bit of diluted apple juice. She loves the juice, she goes crazy for it! At first she just leaned forward to put her mouth on it, but within 5 minutes, she was using her hand to grasp the handle. She still can't get the cup to her mouth, but she'll get there soon, I'm sure of that!

Okay, so maybe the most amazing thing of all is how sneaky she is. You wouldn't think she's the sneaky type, but last weekend I was downstairs, and when I came back upstairs, she had moved from her play mat over to the VCR! I couldn't believe it! She's not supposed to be mobile yet...remember??? She has low muscle tone! She's such a miracle child. Okay doctors, educators ... everytime you tell us she won't or she can't...sure enough she does!

No comments: