Things have been a whirlwind the past few days. After suffering from a stroke 2 weeks ago, my grandfather passed away Wednesday night. He was an amazing man and will be missed by so many. As I sift through old photos to compile a DVD in his memory I can see just how special he was to everyone. He lived a full life, and at 85 I believe he was ready to be with grandma. Oddly it seems he knew his time was coming near. He called me 3 nights before the stroke...just to chat. He didn't usually call me, grandma did, but he hadn't called very often since she died. We chatted for a little bit~ the normal stuff, Jackson (his dog), Allie (my dog) and the family. I invited him to Logan's upcoming bday party. I told him to make sure and mark his calendar as I knew he was a busy man. He denied it and claimed he didn't have much going on. Unfortunately he didn't make it to the party, I ate an extra piece of chocolate cake for him though~ he loved chocolate cake!
The morning after he passed away, I explained to Logan that grandpa Ray had died and we wouldn't be able to see him anymore. He had questions of course...Why did he die? Where did he go? Why did he go to heaven? Where is heaven? I admire his innocence. There's no way to fully explain this...I'm not sure how he'll react during the funeral. One of life's most difficult lessons to learn...death.
Hello world!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment