Well my first two days of work weren't too bad. New teacher orientation - new to the district that is. If I could just stay put somewhere I would actually be a tenured teacher. Oh wow, I can hardly imagine what that would be like! It's hard on me sitting through the professional development all day - physically and mentally. Seriously, I'm one of probably three people in the whole place with gray hair! The group I got sat with Friday morning either made me feel very "experienced" or very old, not sure which. The next oldest person, besides me, graduated high school in 2004 ... So while they were graduating high school I had already started a family and bought a house. I'm not used to being the oldest person in the group.
The kids are a little out of whack. They were both exhausted and catching up on sleep this weekend after a very busy day with grandma and grandpa on Friday. Ryan has been working on a roof all last week and this weekend too. He has to get it done while the weather is dry. He's exhausted to say the least. Today when he headed back out after lunch Logan started crying. He said, "I just haven't got to see Daddy very much." My eyes were welled up and I know it hit Ryan pretty hard. He's hoping to finish up tomorrow and spend two days with the kids before he begins school! Next week he starts classes and Chelsea starts at her new daycare - childcare - preschool ... whatever you want to call it.
Speaking of - still not sure how I feel about it. Let's just say I was picky about where I wanted to send her before, and when you're paying over $700 a month I just get really really picky. Call me crazy, but for that kind of money I was hoping to have a certified teacher in her classroom all day (not one teacher split between two classes) - and I hoped to see a more "kid friendly" classroom. I know, small things - but there's just something about the room - it's just not inviting for a small child. It may just be me - I've been obsessed lately about how I'm going to set up my classroom for my 5-year olds. On top of it I'm trying to find the perfect balance between English and Spanish in my room. I'm excited about this new program - the dual language Kindergarten, but my nerves have been getting the best of me lately. The good news is there's really no wrong answer, I will just do what I do - and learn for next year!
Hello world!
3 years ago
4 comments:
Don't let the gray hair slow you down! My mom got her degree in teaching in her late 40s, and now at 51 she is a tenured teacher in our district, and she's great at what she does!
And for the record, I'm 21 and I have Grey hairs! my bangs? about 25% grey. And you are way younger than my momma so I have no doubt you can do it!
Carey,
I don't blame you for wanting just the "right" setup for Miss Chelsea. It makes it so much easier to leave them when you feel that "homey" touch. I will continue to pray for that situation as well as you entering back into the workforce. Not that you have ever stopped working, but, now you will get paid for it. I pray you find the right balance, but, like you said this is an experimental year. That's a good thing! I hope things go well for you this week.
I have one more week and then it's back to school for me, too!
Good Luck,
Janet
Doesn't Chelsea qualify for developmental PreK? Kayla went to a wonderful Easter Seals program for PreK, full day, five days a week, year round. Is there anything like that by you, or did you opt out of it?
Well I have private daycare and I was very picky as well. My sitter is actually Coltan and Cody's sitter from 14 years ago. She was great with them and even better with Carson.
Sounds like your going to be just fine with your new school. Wish you the best.
Post a Comment