Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A New Chapter

Tomorrow I will officially enter the working world again. Three and a half years ago I struggled with my choice to quit teaching and stay at home with my kids. A stay at home mom? Me ... no way! Now, crossing back to the other side is even more difficult.

I've learned to love being with my kids every morning, through snacks, lunches, playgroups, naps right up until bedtime. When I think about all I will be missing it breaks my heart. I am constantly reminding myself this is all for the better of our family. After searching halfway around the world, I feel like we've found the most quality care money can buy - and let me assure you it is not cheap. Even Logan will need before school care. He'll have to spend an extra hour and a half at school every morning - quite a long time for a six year old.

I've got to just be at peace with my decisions, wake up tomorrow morning, put on my working girl pants and NOT look back. I already know I will love my job - and I just keep my eye on the prize - paid summers at home with my kids ... and a husband with a nursing degree - now that's priceless!


And so a new chapter begins. I apologize if my blog is not updated as often - I won't have as much time as you 'stay at home' moms!

8 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Good luck with your return to the working world.

Kelly Zimm said...

Good luck, Carey!
Your kids will be just fine ;)

Amy Flege said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow! you are going to do great!!!!

Tamara said...

Hope you had a good first day back -

My Three Sons said...

My kids were in the school daycare and they always had fun. I'm sure the kiddo's will do fine as well.

Good luck tomorrow and may your new journey be great!

Janet said...

I hope your first 2 days back at work went well and the kids did well at daycare. Where did you end up taking Little Miss? I know it was a big concern for you. I will continue to pray for your family to make a smooth transition to you being back to work. It will work out fine. How is your hubby's nursing school going?

Is that beer that she is getting out of the cooler? :) She looks so happy!

God Bless,

Janet

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I hope it went well. I've been through that, too. I only have to work part time, but it can be difficult at times. I'm putting Peanut into daycare when school starts 3 days a week. She'll go to daycare in the am and get on the bus there for school. I hate it, but it has to be done. I just take comfort in knowing she's happy and well cared for. Lots of kids have working moms and dads and they are just as well adjusted as the other kids. I hope you like your job.

Brooke said...

Good luck Carey! I will be thinking of you. That's a tough decision to make but will be worth it in the long-run. Are you returning to teaching?