Thursday, April 02, 2009

April Fools.

I'm still out of town at a training and I called Logan yesterday afternoon to check on him. He was upset last week because he wouldn't be able to pull an April Fool's joke on me if I wasn't home. Nonsense I told him, you can still trick me over the phone!

Then yesterday I knew he was in the April Fools mood, so I asked if anyone played a trick at school. Well for Kindergarteners, it was just a little bit of, "there's a ghost behind you." or "there's a spider on your head." I bet his teacher heard that all day. After talking about that I told him while I was at work today, I fell and broke my foot.

"You broke your foot!!!???" .... "NOBODY in our family has EVER broken a bone!" .... "waaaaaaah" ... and he dropped the phone. My funny, and oh so obvious April Fools joke turned into a total nightmare. He was so upset I couldn't tell him April Fools! Boy did I feel like the most awful mom ever. Finally Grandpa got on the phone to see what in the world I had told my son that made him burst into tears like that. I explained the April Fools Joke and I'm pretty sure he didn't think it was funny either.

I called back at 7:45 in attempts to make ammends with my precious 5 year old boy, but he was already sleeping. "Wake him up for me." I told Grandpa. I think he thought I was kidding, but I explained there was no way I was going to sleep knowing he's that upset at me. Logan was glad to talk to me I think. He agreed to forgive me but he said he would never forget. I'm sure that's true.

And Grandma and Grandpa, I'm sorry for all the havoc I've caused tonight. Thank you very much for coming over to watch my kids while Ryan was at school!

For anyone questioning my Wordless Wednesday post, check that post very carefully. Do you notice anything at the bottom? No worries, the big announcement is still to come. Keep watching!

4 comments:

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

I did notice and that is what let me know you were full of it. Poor Mommy, bet you miss the kids.

I will try to call you tonight and see what we can figure out for gettting together.

Kelly Zimm said...

What am I not noticing?? I went back and looked and I don't see anything??
The suspense is killing me!! LOL!

SunflowerStories said...

Good trick on WW! Sorry Logan didn't catch you trick fast enough. We pulled a similar one on my mom one year- we had Aidan call her and tell her he was calling from the hospital with a broken arm. This year he called her and told her that the melting snow made the ceiling in his classroom cave in and the kids will be out of school for a month while it was repaired. She is so gullible. We love it!

Jen said...

You post made me think of this other blog I read: http://www.gardinerdirt.com/2009/04/dethroning-queen.html

I've seen so many april fools online this year (one person posted a picture of a sonogram with twins).