Thursday, April 02, 2009

April Fools, Take Two

So I've got a list going. People I cannot play April Fools jokes on. My list is really growing.

Logan's name is now at the top.

Guess who else I have to add this year? My dad. He thought the pregnancy trick was awful. Not funny at all. He called Ryan and hollered at him about it. Sorry Dad.

You know what my dad used to tell me when I was a kid? "You can sure dish it out, but you can't take it, can ya?!" Well Dad. Need I say more? Not that he's done mush dishing lately, but he is quite the sarcastic man, always teasing the kids. I guess he doesn't like to be teased!

So in case anyone else out there in blogger land needs more clarification ... I AM NOT PREGNANT. If you noticed at the bottom of that picture, it read, Labels: April Fools, pregnancy. That wasn't me in the picture, I just googled positive pregnancy test picture and luckily came up with someone with brown hair. It only added to the effect! ;) I will admit I'm at a training learning about babies (well, kids birth - three) ... it sort of gives me that baby fever. You know that is real. You CAN get baby fever. No worries though, under control until Ryan gets through nursing school.

I called my mom tonight to make sure she saw my April Fools joke. She hadn't, so it lost it's effect and I just had to explain it to her; Logan, the broken foot and on and on. She got it. An April Fools gone bad. Can't say that's the first time with our cooky family.

The most memorable April Fools ever would have to be when I was about 10 years old. I had my friend Jessica over to play. We were out in the back, near the garage and playing in the driveway. Mom was inside cooking, or cleaning, or whatever moms do. My stepdad was leaving from lunch. We were all in on it. Everyone except mom. Doug turns on the car and begins to pull out. He jumps out of the car, Jessica starts screaming hysterically and crying. We're all yelling and screaming, "you ran over Jessica's foot!!!" I've never seen my mom move so fast. Until however she realized it was an April Fools Joke. At the time, not so funny. Now, ... freaking hilarious. She was so mad at Doug, she never did let him forget that one.

Since then nobody's really messed with my mom too badly. And she's over it now. I guess it's her turn now since she's the only one not on my list. She's the only one with this whacky sense of humor. Watch out mom!

4 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

When you look at that post in Google Reader it doesn't show your tags! So I didn't know what to think! Poor Logan! Poor Dad! I have to admit that my hubby knows not to pull any April Fools on me either.

Molly said...

Agreed, baby fever is legit! I'm taking a developmental psychology class and ALL we do is watch clips of super cute babies! I walk out of there every time and go "I WANT A BABY!"

JennyH said...

You are too funny! You'd think your family would know not to believe you on April 1st by now. I guess Logan learned, huh!

Hannah said...

I thought it was MY friend. no?

you didn't mention the roller skate being thrown. that's the best part of that story!