Last October we lost one of our dear friends from Children's Mercy Hospital, baby McKensie. We will never forget her, we spent many days and nights up on 4 Henson with her and her family. After she passed away, I asked other friends of the oncology floor, and you, my blog readers, to help me create a scrapbook for them to keep their cherished memories of McKensie. Embarassingly enough, I just recently was able to meet up with McKensie's mom, Tiffany. I know, I know, all of you great wonderful momma's out there made your pages and had them returned to me well before Thanksgiving. I'll admit, I didn't get my pages done until after Christmas. The holidays got the best of my time this year.
It all worked out well as I knew it would be nice to let things settle down for their family. When I visited Tiffany last week, it seemed like they were doing well. I could tell she very much missed little McKensie, and she admitted some days are harder than others. I actually think my timing was just write, I hope the scrapbook lifted her spirits a bit! I admire their strength throughout their journey. They are truly an amazing family.
I meant to take pictures of all of the beautiful layouts, but of course I forgot!!! Tiffany is so sweet though, she said she would do it for me and she's already sent me the pictures, so here it is, click here to view our album for McKensie! Thank you to everyone who helped create it!
Hello world!
3 years ago
1 comment:
That turned out just beautiful. I'm glad you were able to give her something for her precious angel.
Very thoughtful.
Post a Comment