Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Little Things

I snagged this off of a friends' blog. It was left in her commets section, and I loved it!

The 'L I T T L E' Things


As you might know, the head of a company survived
9/11 because his son started kindergarten.

Another fellow was alive because it was
His turn to bring donuts.

One woman was late because her
Alarm clock didn't go off in time.

One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
Because of an auto accident.

One of them
Missed his bus.

One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
Time to change.

One's
Car wouldn't start.

One went back to
Answer the telephone.

One had a child that dawdled
And didn't get ready as soon as he should have.

One couldn't
Get a taxi.

The one that struck me was the man
Who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
Took the various means to get to work
But before he got there, he developed
a blister on his foot.
He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.
That is why he is alive today.


Now when I am
Stuck in traffic,
Miss an elevator,
Turn back to answer a ringing telephone...
All the little things that annoy me.
I think to myself,
This is exactly where
God wants me to be at this very moment...

Next time your morning seems to be
Going wrong,
The children are slow getting dressed,
You can't seem to find the car keys,
You hit every traffic light,
Don't get mad or frustrated;
Remember: God is at work watching over you.

May you continue to have experiences
With all those annoying little things
And may you remember their possible purpose.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey, I recognize this!! Great reminder isn't?Hope you are having a good weekend.We head to the "hotel" Monday.Prefer a beachy destination but what can you do.Love to our little inspiration.