Ryan and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary in July. It makes me feel old. There's something about our wedding that I think about from time to time though, my wedding dress. I took it in to have it cleaned at a Scotch cleaners about 6 months after the wedding. I wanted it boxed up and preserved. Then I knew it cost over $100 to pick it up, so I put if off. Then I put it off again, telling myself I'd pick it up next time I have an extra $100. Seven years later, I still don't have that extra $100 sitting around, but out of shear panick I called the cleaners yesterday. They called me a couple of years later to have me pick it up, but we'd moved from that city and it just never got done. I called a year ago looking for it and they said they would call back if they found it. They never called. When I called again yesterday, the woman was doubtful but said she would have some time to look for me that afternoon. Can you believe it, she called last night, and she FOUND IT!!! Ryan gets paid tomorrow and I'm driving up there to get my wedding dress. We may be eating raman noodles for the next two weeks, but I'm sure spending that $100 to get my dress back! I'm so excited!!!
* Ryan wasn't so excited, he thought I was kidding when I said I was going to get it. Then he realized it wasn't an option and he's happy for me now.
Hello world!
3 years ago
3 comments:
Aw - that's very cool. I'm amazed that they still have it!
That's awesome they still have it! Brian and I are celebrating 7 years in June....an exciting year for both of us:)
That is so awesome that you found it! Now you need to post a wedding photo so I can see it.
Post a Comment