Monday, December 15, 2008

Husband for Hire

If you live, where we live ... without divulging too much information, continue reading.

Woke up this morning to a -7 wind chill. Fun, or, not so much for a certain somebody who has two roofs lined up. Then lets add snow and ice to this weeks forcast. Yes, a slight scheduling conflict we have encountered. His next scheduled job isn't until January, and it looks like the roofs may have to wait until after that. In the meantime, this is mother natures way of saying my dear husband is laid off.

When you have a one income family, that kind of stinks, especially the week before Christmas. So, to any of you who have work that you've been putting off having done, and wouldn't mind getting it done before Christmas, feel free to email me! careydreambig at gmail dot com. Yes, my husband is for hire. (I wonder if he's on his blog putting me up for the highest bidder right now?!)

5 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Well if he is auctioning you off, I'll bid for you!! I'll send lots of prayers yur way for some work. Have him keep an eye out for some downed trees? Snow shoveling parking lots? Just trying to help out.

I will e-mail you later for some real advice. I'm up for any suggestions. As for the NG, we have only pulled it out 4 times since Thursday. I feel so bad for him. He has basically stopped eating and drinking since Nov 25th. I can't put my finger on what is going on. Thanks for your comment and your concern. It really means a lot.

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that. If I hear of anyone needing anythng I will let you know. What a crappy time for that to happen. What can we do to help? Say the word. We will be saying special prayers for you all.

Chan

Jan Steck Huffman said...

well I don't know about your hubby but we love the jammies! thanks!

Anonymous said...

Does he do kitchens? Because I need a cabinet replaced and new countertops put on. I could probably figure out getting it done by X-mas, or near there, depending on how long the counters would take to come in.

Small kitchen, not a big job. But every little bit helps, right?

PS> Thanks for the recommendation on Funk's ENT. We saw Nicklaus two weeks ago - LOVE HER!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie-
I ran across an old Christmas Card from you the other day! I always think about you and your family during the Holidays! It's been a while but I was wondering if you could send me your new address. I sent you a Christmas card and it came back in the mail and I somehow manage to throw out your return address knowing that I need your new address. Here's my email address: tringel@kc.rr.com
It looks as though most is going really good for you guys and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!
Tommi Farr