Have you been shopping today? Did you get up and head to the stores before I even went to bed on Thanksgiving? I bet some of you did! I decided (not by choice really) I wasn't going shopping this year. I haven't felt well today AND we don't really have the money right now. Whenever I go shopping for the "great" deals, I always end up spending way more money than I should have. Seriously, it would have been a way better deal for me to have just stayed home! There were a couple of things I thought the kids might like for Christmas (both under $10), and my fabulous MIL said she would look for them at Toys R Us while she's there in the morning.
These toys are not vital to our Christmas though. So if she doesn't find them, oh well. Then again, no toy, game or article of clothing is vital to a quality Christmas at our house anymore. As we learned today, all that matters is having the people you love around you for the holidays. Wanna know the best part about our Thanksgiving? When we thought we may be alone for Thanksgiving, everyone came through to make it a wonderful and blessed day. Ryan's mom and stepdad came over and brought a kitchen full of food (including Logan's favorite, chocolate Pilgrim Hats). And although they didn't all stay and eat, Ryan's dad and stepmom popped in (and left us some pie), AND, my dad and stepmom came over (bearing gifts of pie and jello), AND ... one of my little sisters came over with her boyfriend! While they didn't all stay and eat, and most of them cam between 2 and 3pm (dinner was scheduled for 5pm!) we were glad to see every last one of them. I apologize again for those of you that saw me before I had a chance to shower. We had so much food, we're having dinner again tomorrow night, and everyone is invited.
So instead of shopping tomorrow, you'll find the Branam's at the Christmas tree farm. Why are we so anxious to buy a tree this year? Why not? Last year we spent our cold December nights around a 10 inch pre-decorated Christmas tree donated by a gracious organization in an attempt to make our home away from home at the hospital a little more cozy for Christmas. It was so nice to have that little tree, but this year, we're going for a monster!
Hello world!
3 years ago