Ryan and the kids just left to get an outdoor outlet so they can put up some Christmas lights today. It makes me laugh as I'm wondering how many trips to Westlake it will take to get all the lights hung. I can't help but think of my brother in law ... my cousin told me proudly the other night, "we got our Christmas lights up today. We had to go to the store SIX times!"
The count is on, we're on trip number one.
I'm hoping to get Westboro glow pictures up soon. I haven't even had the opportunity to look at them yet! I know we have some good video too! We've been sleep training the last few nights ... not by choice. I'm not sure who's sleep training, mom and dad, or Chelsea.
Friday morning at 6:30, I heard her crying and she was in the corner of the living room behind the train table. She had gotten out of bed and the whole house was dark, so she was scared I'm sure. That next night she hopped out of bed and into our room at 2am. Ryan decided then, in the middle of the night, he was going to sleep train. He stood in the hall, and when she came out, he'd plop her back in her crib. He put her in her crib 39 times! He was finally back to bed at 3am. She finally wore out and went back to sleep.
Last night he was on a mission to get this done. He was putting her in her bed drowsy and not rocking her to sleep. (This kind of makes me sad b/c I love to rock her, but if we decide not to, then it's over ... ) It took him an hour and a half of putting her back in her crib before she fell asleep. He estimated 100 times he picked that little munchkin up and tossed her over the rails, but in the end, Daddy prevailed! There was a point where I thought she might win, but Daddy stayed strong.
I'm not looking forward to tonight. We were wondering if this entire process would take twice as long because of her disability. Will it take twice the effort, the time and the stress for her to figure out what's going on? It's pretty frustrating, and only time will tell I suppose. The good thing is she didn't cry too much about it last night. In fact a few times he said she hopped out of her crib, then stood there beside her crib with her arms up like she was reaching to get back in. She just stood there, arms up, waiting for Daddy to put her in. Sigh ***
Needless to say, the crib is no longer serving it's purpose. We're going to sell it and transition to a bed as soon as it sells. If you or someone you know is looking for a crib, please email me (if you live in town or are willing to come pick it up) enseno153 at aol.com
We're taking best offer! The crib changes to a toddler then full size bed, and has a pull out drawer underneath. The set includes a changing table/dresser/hutch. The hutch comes off so it's easier to use as a changing table, then we put the hutch on when the kids were older. Obviously we haven't been using it for a while, it's a little dusty!
(A few minor scratches and um ... teeth marks from Logan)
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
Carson just started doing the same thing as well. I'm not sure why. The ENT doctor is calling it Night Terrors from his surgery. So my question is, when you get Chelsea to stop, can I hire Ryan to come stand outside of Carson's room so I could get some sleep?
Hope you guys get more sleep tonight.
We decided to get Olivia a real bed for Christmas. So, I put her crib on craigslist and an ad in the journal world. I thought we would have at least a month until it sold. Ummmm.... it sold in a week. So, the poor kid has been sleeping on a blanket ont he floor for the past 2 weeks. At night we say "olivia - go lay on your blanket". Of course she gets up in the middle of the night and I let her crawl into bed bc I am sure she is just freezing on the floor!!
Ho-ly Cow! 39 times???? Wow. That's amazing. I can't wait to hear how things go once you get a bed for her!
You guys are strong! I didn't do the sleep training before like I should have and now I have a two year old sleeping in my bed!! Arg!! One day I'll have enough enegery after working 12 hour shifts to keep putting her back into her room!!
Luck for us Ashlyn LOVES her bed and never even tries to climb out of it. She has put her foot up over the edge a few times but never goes any farther than that. I can't wait to change her crib into a toddler bed but I won't do it until she starts climbing out. Maybe by time she's 5 LOL!
Post a Comment