Monday, October 06, 2008

WASBR

"What are you doing Logan?"
"I'm writing the names of all my stuffed animals on Fluffy's house."

Grin.

Preliteracy skills, a mother's dream. I'm so excited, and I know it won't be long. After all we were talking about that one guy at dinner, you know, the guy who is t-a-l-l. "Tall?! Does t-a-l-l spell tall?" Our spelling days are quickly coming to a close.

Later I was reading his creation, all the names on the house. "Logan, did you write Whisper's name on your house?"
"Yeah, right here mom."

And in plain sight, it read, WASBR. And I thought he was copying the names off of the tags. He was sounding them out and spelling them all by himself. I can't even tell you how proud I am. Beaming, I'm beaming tonight! I've put in many hours trying to convince first graders to use inventive spelling, and here he's doing it already! Yeah!

Concentrating:


Sounding out:


Chelsea trying to get in on the action: Wait! Chelsea you're not supposed to draw on that! Uh-oh!


Chelsea showing off her preliteracy skills:

2 comments:

Jen said...

Reading "kindergarten" is one of my favorite activities! I walk down to the kindergarten hallway and read their stories written with inventive spelling. I can't believe how big Logan is now! What a big boy.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

They are both so cute! What a great idea to write down all those stuffed animals' names. I have a hard time keeping track of them all!