Yes, it's sick and twisted, but last night I felt a huge sigh of relief when I realized Logan was sick. Most people probably wonder why would a mother say something like that. All with good reason. Of course I don't want him to be sick or miserable. But his fever assured me Chelsea's fever was only that, a fever. A virus. Whew.
Until then all we knew was that Chelsea had a mysterious and high fever Saturday night. It ran into Sunday and held steady around 100 all day Sunday. I held off on taking her in for counts since she was acting better and it wasn't as high as Saturday, but I'll admit, I was scared. You never want your child who has had cancer to have an unexplained fever. She had no runny nose to go with it, and of course she couldn't tell me if anything else was wrong. It may get easier as she gets older and can tell me what else she is feeling. But for now, I have to rely soley on that little thermometer.
Logan's fever started at dinner. During bath he started shaking uncontrollably and I just barely got him into bed before we had a complete meltdown. I gave him some Tylenol and we read a book. He kept telling me his head was hurting. He was asleep by 7:00. Around 10:00 he was screaming. He had to go to the bathroom, but it was dark and he was too weak to get up by himself. At this point he was on fire, over 103 degrees. After I got him to the bathroom, and he went, he fell to the floor and just laid in the bathroom on the rug. I had to carry him back to bed, my bed. Ryan has gotten the boot for two night in a row. Saturday for Chelsea and last night for Logan. Hopefully tonight we can both sleep in our own bed!
Rain rain go away ... Logan has his first field trip tomorrow, to the pumpkin patch. I've already got the umbrella's and rain coats out and ready to go. Let's just hope we don't get too wet! Chelsea is feeling much better today, back to her old self. She fought bed like crazy tonight, but Ryan finally got her to sleep shortly after 9:00.
Hello world!
3 years ago
2 comments:
I completely understand your relief. I'm now going to pray that Logan gets ot feeling better as well. Ryan, to give up your bed, your a great daddy. Carey, Your a great mommy for taking care of your little ones so well.
Get well soon!!
My husband has been driving me nuts for 2 days worrying about Chelsea and how she was doing!!! The second he comes home he will ask if you have updated on how she is. I have to chuckle cause the both of you are alot alike (not in a bad way of course) he just worries too. I am so relieved that it is just a virus and hopefully it won't stick around long.
Post a Comment