
Yesterday, at speech therapy, Chelsea carved a pumpkin with Traci, her ST. Traci gave her choices, what do you want to carve next, and Chelsea pointed to the picture of eyes. So Traci asked her, "how many eyes should we make Chelsea? One ..." then out of nowhere, Chelsea said, "TWO!" We looked at each other like, did I just hear that?! And sure enough, there were three witness' and we all confirmed she said TWO! She said it a couple more times yesterday, in kind of a whisper, and of course today, nothing. But I'll take what we got!
Then, how bizarre is this, I'm excited b/c Miss Chelsea has s.n.o.t.!!! Yep, the green stuff! She hasn't had any for over a year, so I'm marking it right up there with a milestone! It means ... drumroll please ... her counts really are recovered! I never thought I'd be so excited to wipe her nose. The good thing is she still remembers how to blow for me!
Thirdly, my little stripper followed me into the bathroom this morning while I was doing my hair and started taking off her diaper. This happens multiple times a day, er ... hour, so of course I said, "no Chelsea, don't take your diaper off." She gave me these big ol' eyes and pointed to her "tutu" then to the toilet. "OH," I said, "you need to go potty." Her smile said it all. She wanted to go potty. She never really goes and she usually hates sitting on the pot, so I obliged and took the opportunity while I had it. Up she went on the toilet, and I turned around to work on my hair. Next thing I know she's peeing!!! I couldn't believe it, and I started screaming, and dancing, and singing (the potty song).
You should have seen this kids' smile, it went from ear to ear. She was so proud, and she knew she did something FABULOUS! After an m&m (which she doesn't really like) she had to call a couple of grandparents and tell them what she did. It was funny b/c she just says, "duh", in a super quiet voice, then she walks to the toilet and practically touches the toilet water as she points. That's her way of talking on the phone and telling them what she did. If only it were a video conference!
Logan was pretty wiped today, he had his first school party yesterday. They have today and tomorrow off for conferences so he's home to bug, oh I mean, play with Chelsea and I. While he's a handful, he still does have quite a bit of cuteness in him. Tuesday night, an hour after putting him to bed, Ryan reentered his room to tell him to hush. He was singing his ABC's. Then at 3:30am I saw the hall light go on. Ryan and I watched and listened, we knew Logan was going to the bathroom.
After a minute or so, Ryan went to check on him (and to turn the lights off after him) and next thing I know I hear Logan screaming. I went into his room and he's in bed bawling. Apparently after going to the bathroom, he headed over to his dresser and started getting dressed! He thought it was morning! When I asked him why he was crying he said so pathetically, "I want to go to my party!" I told him it's the middle of the night and he needed to go back to sleep, and he replied, "but I want to go now!" Yesterday I noticed his eyes were very purple, I don't think he ever went back to sleep!
Lastly I'll leave you with a couple of pictures we took tonight. Yep, it's that time again, working on the Christmas card! These are just for fun. You'll have to wait until Christmas to see the final picture! Believe it or not, we did come up with a few keepers! My blonde hair, blue eyed kids sure are cute ...
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
I love posts like this! Full of good news and WOW - Chelsea's doing AWESOME!!
You certainly do have a beautiful family!
I just love the pictures of the family. How great. Where are you at in these pics? That is an awesome background.
Hope you have a wonderful Halloween. Carson will be getting his surgery done so we won't be celebrating. Ask Chelsea and Logan to save some good candy for us. :-)
Awesome post with beautiful pics. really beatutiful.
Yeah Chelsea!
That post totally made me smile, all the way through! Wondeful things from Chelsea! From "two" to peeing to snot, it's great news! And poor little Logan--that's so funny. I remember in high school waking at around 2am and getting in the shower before I realized what I was doing. LOL
I love the photos! Such gorgous portraits! Ugh. Thanks for the reminder that we need to do our cards for this year, too.
The pictures are great! Happy Halloween
Blessings - Amy Stapp
This post made me smile! Your family pics are wonderful! Beautiful! I must say! :)
Great Family photos, Carey! I can only imagine how proud you are of Chelsea! She is doing so great and is so healthy. Good job, Chelsea--way to make your mom proud.
Post a Comment