
I'm not sure I've ever seen dirtier bath water! Cousin Aaron spent the night at our house on Friday and did you think Chelsea was going to let the boys take a bath without her? No way! Bath time is one of Chelsea's favorite parts of her day. Leave the bathroom door open, and she's in the tub ... fully clothed. If anyone else bathes, her clothes come off. She just can't get enough. Unfortunately, the last few nights Logan has been refusing to bathe with her.
You see when I wash his hair and pour water over his head, his darling little sister ALWAYS wipes the water off of his face for him. He can't stand it. I've convinced him she's only trying to help and I would make sure she didn't do it anymore. Honestly, I didn't even realize she did it until he started talking about it. Tonight before bath time he had a serious talk with her. It went something like this, "do. not. wipe. the. water. off. my face. ok?" All the while he had his hands around her shoulders and was up in her face telling her this. She just smiled and nodded. Ha!
Another problem Logan has had with sissy lately is with her "slobber". So the kid drools. a lot. Again, really doesn't bother me, I hardly notice anymore. Boy oh boy does big brother notice. She's basically been banned from playing with his toys or even entering his room. He's scared to death she might slobber on his things or God forbid his bed! That just might be the end of the world. Our parent educator today suggested giving Logan a little towel to wipe off her chin so she can play with him. I like that idea. Ryan thinks he'll end up suffocating her with it. True. I better think this one through a little more.
We were also brainstorming solutions to another colorful problem we have in our house. Miss Chelsea never gets to draw, because she insists on eating her crayons. No matter how diligently you supervise, she will manage to eat her crayon. You don't even know it at first, and then as she's jabbering you realize there is something bright yellow in the back of her mouth. Yep, it's crayon. Tomorrow we're going to try to give her a Nuk brush while she colors. Maybe giving her something to fulfill her oral needs will distract her enough to use the crayons for their original purpose: coloring.
I'm interested to know if others have unique solutions to the drooling or crayon eating issues. Please speak up via a comment!
Hello world!
3 years ago
8 comments:
Sorry Carey no suggestions but ya know, this post just made me smile throughout!I CANNOT wait for Zoey to do the things that Chelsea is doing,the good and even the kinda,sorta bad!Darling picture too!
No unique solutions, but have you tried Chelsea with Crayola Color Wonder markers? They're fabulus and would be hard to eat, even harder to color on anything but the special paper they're designed for.
Gabi still to this day strips when someone takes a bath. Sometimes it can cause big problems like when we've got her ready and then try to get ready ourselves.
I use the wonder markers with Carson. I love those things. First off, he hasn't tried to eat them yet, and second, you can only color on the sheets that are made for the wonder markers. I'm sure you can find them at Wal-Mart. I really like using them in the resturaunts and then he isn't "coloring" on the tabel. As for the bath, I'm dealing with the same issues. Carson wants to take showers with everyone and Coltan and Cody aren't to thrilled. Anyways, I hope that helps a little.
Kaci
Kaden use to drool a lot when he was younger, do you think she is getting any new teeth in, molars or something. Unfortunately I didn't do anything to change it, but luckily he outgrew it. It felt like he was going to drool forever.
About the crayons. I just found these wonderful, washable crayola markers at wal-mart. They are for younger children and help with their fine motor skills. There are some shaped like animals and the ones I bought for Kaden are more like markers but instead of being rounded/cylinder they are triangles. The tips reminded me of really small bingo dots (you know the ink type stamp thing you use for bingo : ) ). I think these would work great. If you decide to use these, let me know if you can't find them and I can go buy some for Chelsea. Kaden is not a big fan of the magic markers with the paper to go along. I think it bugs him that it takes a little time for the ink to show up on the paper, but all of my neices and nephews like them (they are a little older).
This probably makes little sense, I really need to go to bed. I hope you are able to read it and understand it.
I really needed a good laugh this morning. This cheered me up a bunch. Thank you. Give both of your little sweeties hugs from me. Aspen's Momma, Amanda
Tristan and Chanelle bath together every night. Sometimes Chanelle wants a bath alone but not too often.
Tristan used to eat crayons. He has outgrown this but still isn't crazy about coloring. Here is one of the things we do http://chanelleandtristan.blogspot.com/2008/08/try-this-tuesday.html
I bought him rectangular crayons and the animal markers and he still hasn't developed a love for coloring. Hope this helps. Tristan loves it actually both the kiddos love it.
They are so cute in there together! Sean is a bath man, too.
We also give Sean something to chew on while coloring, it helps with motor planning as well as crayon-eating prevention. FYI, I discovered that the head of a Nuk brush can be chewed off and becomes a choking hazard. We give him a T-shaped chewy tube instead.
I look foward to seeing her artwork.
Post a Comment