Thursday, September 11, 2008

So a few more spots appeared on Chels today, they're all small, and don't really bother her ... except a couple on her butt. We let her run around naked tonight for a little bit, and she kept itching her little bottom. It was pretty cute. She has a dr. appt. tomorrow, so we'll find out what's going on in the morning.

Yesterday I went to Logan's class to volunteer for a short while. The teacher asked me to do a sort of informal testing, so I had the kids come with me into the hall one at a time and they identified the four letters they've learned this year and the sounds they make. The class was doing centers while I called the out to review their letters.

This cute, but tiny little boy came out to the hall with a sad face. Here's our conversation:

"Are you okay?"
"No, somebody gave me a wedgie." (Oh no! Poor kid!)
"Oh no, did you tell the teacher?"
"No."
"Did it happen at school?" (I was thinking maybe before school daycare or something.)
"No, it just happened when I was five ... or four, or three or two."

Oh my gosh, how adorable is that?! Five year olds are so darned cute! I had a great time with them. Logan loved having me there too. When I arrived the kids were walking out in the hall and Logan's eyes lit up. He turned to his friends and I could hear him whisper, "thats my mom!" We walked home in the rain, hand in hand and he was full of life. Talking up a storm and sharing about all of his friends at school. What a special little boy I have!

And in case you were wondering, yes, Logan knew all four of the letters! Are you kidding, he knows all of his letters and sounds.

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I sure do miss those days. I used to go to all of my kids field trips and room parties. Now if I have to go pick up my oldest for his ortho appts, he walks past me and I'll meet him in the car. What is it with these preteens?

Anyways, good luck at the doctor's tomorrow. I'll pray it is something simple.

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Maybe she could start a band....The Itchy Bottom Girls. Couple of more girls and she will be set!!!

Hope she is fine!!!