
In no way do I consider myself a political guru, in fact I find it quite frustrating to listen to people argue about politics. It's just not something you can sway a person on. But wow, a woman. A woman who gets it. *SMILE*
Quoted from Sarah Palin's speech, September 3, 2008, accepting the republican vice presidential nomination.
"And in April, my husband Todd and I welcomed our littlest one into the world, a perfectly beautiful baby boy named Trig. From the inside, no family ever seems typical.
That's how it is with us.
Our family has the same ups and downs as any other ... the same challenges and the same joys.
Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.
And children with special needs inspire a special love.
To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.
I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."
Do you have tears in your eyes yet. It just gives me goosebumps reading it!
And does it get much cuter than this?
Hello world!
3 years ago
10 comments:
That actually did bring tears to my eyes. Wow, he is such a CUTIE!!!
Thanks for sharing that.
Oh my gosh.Is that baby not the cutest?I just wanted to eat him up!And the other kids,All of them,darling.A typical family,I get that and see that clearly.As for her.She did an awesome job.Really awesome.
I agree! And that picture is the cutest!
There wasn't a dry eye at our house. Never expected to cry while watching that speech!!
G&G C.
That definitely brought tears to my eyes last night. This woman certainly gets it. She gets it all, and she's got my vote!
OMG, just reading it I have tears. What an awesome thing for our children , for us. I have to find the speech on the internet and see the entire thing, i missed it.
I don't usually vote Republican, but this lady actually seems like the real deal. I really enjoyed listening to her speak and the ideas that she shared.
Jamy kept saying, "Geez, you aren't going to cry again are you?" That was the first time I have ever listened to a political speech from start to finish and enjoyed the whole experience. Looks like there will be a powerful advocate in Chelsea, Noah and all other children with special needs corner!!
I wish she would have talked about how Alaskan wilderness will be spared with the pipeline she was discussion. If she had come up with some good solutions, I would be even more convinced.
It will be a tough call for me this November.
YES...tears were streaming. I have such a love for all these wonderful children and to see a "woman" with as much charisma as she has and a Darling baby boy with special needs...and addressing that in her speech....SHE HAS MY VOTE!!!
That baby is the cutest thing ever!
Thanks for posting this!
Rachel
Our house was glued to the tube last night. And yes, she does get it. When I first heard she had a little boy with DS, I told Dave we could have an advocate in Washington and then to hear her say it....yes I teared up too. How adorable was he when he opened his eyes?
While listening to the speach on Wed night I thought of little miss Chelsea. How awesome it would be for families across the nation to have an advocate in the White House.
We miss seeing you.
Blessings - Amy Stapp
Post a Comment