Thursday, September 04, 2008

Dare I ...

Chelsea wants to start gymnastics. We lucked out and there is a mommy and toddler class right next door to Jazzercise and it begins just after my class on Thursday mornings! Before we could begin we had to get clearance from her pediatrician. He of course sent us for xrays, as children with Down syndrome have higher rates of neck and vertebrae issues. Scary stuff, you know like that leukemia stuff we had a higher chance of getting.

Guess who left a message on my answering machine this morning while I was out? The doctor. Not his nurse, the receptionist, but the doctor. Do you remember the last time the doctor called me personally? Yeah, cancer. My heart dropped, my eyes filled with tears. Of course by the time I got home and called the office he was gone for the day. I got a hold of one of his nurses and she thinks everything is fine, she was looking at the notes and she thinks he just wanted to go over the x-ray with us, but she really, really didn't think there was a problem. Now I wait, in fear, for him to call me back tomorrow morning. Please, please, no more problems!!!

The best part? Ryan and I are going away for the weekend, for a wedding. We're leaving early in the morning. So, Dr. Nichols, if you've got bad news, we'll be turning around and heading back home! But that's not going to happen right?! Fortunately the infamous laptop is cured, I mean fixed, and we're picking it up on our way out. I'll be sure to update when I find a WIFI spot!

So I ask now, dare I say it ... what are the odds?

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ugh I am praying hard you've heard SOMETHING by now!!! AND Praying that you don't have to turn around from your trip!

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

I can't wait to hear the news that the doctor just wanted to tell you how perfect she is. Praying all is well. You have a safe trip and ENJOY yourselves!