Monday, July 07, 2008

Somebody is always sick!!!

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary. We lucked out and my sister, with some help from grandma and grandpa, watched the kids and we were able to get a date night! We ate a nice (and way too fattening) dinner and even went to a movie. Grandpa was in charge of bedtime and he rocked Chelsea to sleep with no problem, but let Logan stay up to watch a movie. Today Logan woke up a bear. We rushed off to summer camp all the way he cried and cried. His nose was stuffy, but I didn't see a need to keep him home for a cold.

After camp him and I had some one on one time and Chelsea went on a visit with her other grandparents. I told Logan he could go home and take a nap or we could just hang out, watch a movie and rest, but there was no way he was going to pass up going to the big pool today! So swimming we went and after 2 1/2 hours he was beat. He could hardly eat any dinner and went to bed at 6 with no arguments. By that time he had a fever up to 102.4, so that means no camp tomorrow. I feel so bad, he really feels awful.

I've been checking on him a lot tonight and he can hardly breathe. He has the chills and still feels hot. He's a tough kid, I know he'll make it through. I'm extra sympathetic and snuggly right now though b/c I feel like I've neglected him so much lately. The last two times he got sick like this I was away at the hospital and couldn't be there for him. I'm so glad I can be here to lay with him, read to him and give him his medicine. In the back of my mind? who's going to catch it next? I can't tell if this is the same bug that made me lose my voice last week or if it's something new he picked up at our 4th of July party. Either way there's no sharing drinks at our house this week!

Chelsea's doing well, very well actually. Despite the whacky schedule over the holiday weekend, she seems to be falling right back into her routine. She's really getting quick on her feet, so close to running. And maybe the sweetest sound to my ears lately, she's perfected the name, "mom". Really, it's music to my ears. She used to say it, then she went through a time when she couldn't say it, then for a while she could only say it sometimes. Now though, she can say it with ease, no more bob, it's a clear, "mom!" Still working on getting those teeth to come in all the way, one has pushed through, but the other is hanging in for a while longer. Last weekend she scratched her hand and it's taking a while to heal itself. I'll be interested to see where her counts are on Wednesday, her white count is the only thing I can think of that would make a scratch not heal well. That's it for now, ... sister Hannah if you're reading, email me that pic so I can do a then and now anniversary pic! Thanks!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Never a dull moment is there? Hope Logan can kick this quick and everyone else can skip this latest bug. As for Miss Chelsea,so glad she continues to do so well and the "mom" thing,how lucky are you?I can only imagine and patiently wait for that day. Pure magic that will be.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I'm sorry that things just don't want to stay healthy there. Ugh. I hope he starts feeling better soon.
It's great to see that sweet Chelsea is doing so well!

Yay!!

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Yikes, is there a sicky bug within 150 mile radius that HASN'T made a stop at your house. Maybe you should take down that welcome sign for a bit!!

Here's to hoping everyone is all better soon!

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!

heather said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. It was a recommended site from my google reader. Chelsea is beautiful! Thanks for sharing her story!