I'm afraid life has got the best of me. I am online now to inform you, I quit. If you are reading this and are expecting us for a meeting or an appointment in the next three weeks, I'm sorry, I will be cancelling. I might give you an excuse like couldn't find a sitter, or my car broke down, or I might just tell you I just can't do it anymore.
To top off all of the chaos, stress and worry of the past couple of weeks, my Mac Book out of nowhere, stopped working. It's shot. Completely. I thought Mac's didn't do that?! Guess what I have saved on that computer? Something very important that I can't replace? Something I attempted to back up, but was unsuccessful ... pictures. Hospital pictures. Pictures that told a story. Remember that story? There was a little girl, leukemia, lots of friends and a little chemo ... yep, you know what I'm talking about. So for now, I'musing Logan's old PC. The space bar on the keyboard doesn't work, so if there are words that run together, sorry. I'mtoolazy togo back and fix them ;)
So to say the least, I'm in quite a mood lately. I'd like to blame it all on PMS, but I don't think that can be blamed for all that is going on around our house. There is one thing I must share with you. It lifted my spirits and I hope it does yours as well.
Logan started counseling this week (one appointment I didn't cancel). I'm sure you're not surprised with all we've been through he's got some issues. The counselor was asking about his sister's disability ... I told him she had Down syndrome and Logan said, "yeah, she has Down syndrome." The man then asked Logan, "what does that mean?" Logan looked confused and I clarified, "what does Down syndrome mean, what will Chelsea be like?"
Logan piped up proudly without a second thought, "just like me!"
While I was expecting him to respond with the little things I had taught him ... things will be a little harder for her, learning to read, riding a bike, talking etc. ... But no, instead, he reminded me that Chelsea, like other children with Down syndrome, is much more alike than different.
Hello world!
3 years ago
13 comments:
Hey, Carey,
I'm so sorry you're having a rough week! And I'm sure it's so predictable, too, that people probably always say that because of all you've been through and gotten through, that you can make it through anything. I was going to say that, but figured that just acknowledging a crappy week would be good enough. :-) I hope it gets better!
I've had computers -'completely die' but some computer wizards (much to my surprise) were able to get all the information from the harddrive so all was not lost. HOpefully someone, who really is a computer expert, can do the same for you.
I have had the same experience as above (about the pictures). I hope that you can find someone to figure that out for you. I also hope that things get better for you and your week gets better. Thinking about you.
Logan, you are too smart!!!
I'm not surprised hun you have had so much going on for so long. Take care of yourself. ((HUGS)) Hope you feel better ASAP and can recover your photos too.
Your Logan is one smart boy!!
Carey - sending you big hugs!! Hope you can feel them from the east coast. Last year, we lost our computer hard drive as well - every picture from the time we got married until Matthew was born. Luckily, we were able to find someone to retrieve them. It cost us an arm and a leg but we thought it was worth every penny to see the pictures again. I hope you can find someone to help you too.
Logan is adorable. I hope Nate follows in his footsteps and is as sweet to his brother as Logan is to Chelsea.
Hugs my friend!
Michelle
You know, sometimes life is great and sometimes things just SUCK! Sounds like that is your week this week. Remember last year when my computer crashed? I about had a breakdown!!!! Call GeekSquad there in Topeka. They were able to talk me through getting mine back up myself. I will be praying all turns out great.
Logan's compassion toward his sister is one of his greatest strengths. He is a terrific kid and you all are so lucky to have him.
Sending you a hug!!!!
Oh dear! Many hugs being sent, Carey. Take the computer in - do not lose hope. It CAN be repaired. And, GOD BLESS your son. Your post made my entire week...and we've had a doozy too! Loves...
I think Carey, that up until this point you have been operating in survival mode. Now that things are settling into a new kind of "normal",you are probably having a little post traumatic stress syndrome. I'm not kidding either. It is very common after someone has been through what you have and especially having done such a great job of keeping it together for everyone. Don't be too hard on yourself and just allow yourself to work through and out all those feelings.My thoughts and prayers are with you and better days are ahead ,promise.
Sorry that things aren't going so well for you. Hopefully things take a turn the other way. What a wonderful young man you have. That brought tears to my eyes. Its wonderful to see that even someone as young as Logan can see past someone's disability and see that we are all truly the same. You have every right to be very proud of your children. Since we haven't seen you guys in so long, give Chelsea some love from us. And always know that we are forever thinking of you guys and keeping your family in our prayers. Maybe we can arrange a day to get together so Morgan can see Chelsea. Take care.
Wendi
Hang in there!
A friend of ours has a sister who had cancer as a teenager (her story is oddly similar to Karly's). Their mom told me once, "Just keep moving - there will time to fall apart when everything's over."
Ain't that the truth.
Sorry to hear about your Mac. I've never, ever had any problems with mine.
BTW, Karen over at The Bryant Family News has passed on a Blog Award to you. Check it out.
You've raised him well..you should be so proud. What a great kid.
Rachel
Logan is very wise. Sorry to hear about the crash. I too would be devastated if I lost all of my pictures. I'm happy to hear you had most of them backed up! Now I really need to do mine!
Post a Comment