Well ... they cut out the cutest part, but don't they always?! Go to WIBW and on the right hand side are the videos, click on Light the Night Kickoff. There's a brief clip of Logan and I (not so flattering might I add) stopping by the tables and picking up team information. Light the Night is the big fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society, and they had an ice cream social last night to kick off the fundraising efforts for the big walk in October. We attended, not just for the free ice cream, but b/c we're excited to be involved with this amazing organization. More on that later!
The honored hero, Hunter, was there and he is quite the charmer. While they were talking about the walk, Hunter walked over to Chelsea, and grabbed her hand. The two of them were walking around the place hand in hand smiling and having a fabulous time. Chelsea was thrilled with the big camera following them around, and kept pointing to the camera man saying, "oooooh, oooooh,ooooh!" Maybe that's why they didn't show that clip! I didn't have my camera ... but Hunter's mom, if you can get the picture his uncle took of the two of them, email it to me so we can share it on the blog!
Our team name, of course, is Dream Big. The walk is October 18th, the same day as the Buddy Walk. I'll be posting more information soon on how to join one of these great walks, as well as information on how to get your own authentic 'Dream Big' tshirt! (It has yet to be developed!) Last night for the kick off Chelsea wore her onesie given to us by a dear friend that read: Leukemia may bite, but I bite back!
Hello world!
3 years ago
2 comments:
I looked at the WIBW website and found 2 clips of Light the Night. The longer one shows Chelsea walking around with Hunter! I'm glad I got to see it. What cuties!
Good luck with the walkS! :)
Post a Comment