I wish I had more news about her clinic visit but I really don't have her counts yet! Of course they thought she looked great! Playing and running around like any other 2 year old. Her color is good, everything sounded good and no yuckies in her ears. The doctor did attempt a good look at her teeth and she didn't think it looked like plaque, but more like chemo damage, so we'll have to look into getting her into a dentist ... likely one that will sedate her. She won't even let me look at her teeth. I seriously doubt she'll let a dentist do any work on her!
We left instead of waiting on counts, and it's a good thing b/c when the doctor called us at 5:45 she still didn't have them all yet. What she did know was that her chemistry, liver enzymes, etc. all looked good. Her white blood count was 3.1, hemoglobin, 14, and her platelets, 308. We won't know the ANC until tomorrow, but it should be well into the normal range. I was expecting her white count to be higher since she's been off of chemo for so long now, but I guess it just takes a long time to rise. When we were there on June 11 it was 2.9, so it hasn't hardly made any progress! **sigh** Remember the white blood cell help her fight infection. That's likely why her cough keeps lingering on and on. It's not getting worse, just kind of hanging on for a long time. I'll be praying for lots of segs to show up in her blood work tonight ... if not, then I'd be worried!
I'll update more results tomorrow! And wish us luck on our big garage sale tomorrow!!! Logan's having a hard time selling anything. He wants to put it all back in his room! Those spiderman jammies that are two sizes too small ... that was a fight. We're trying to convince him it's good to sell the old stuff, then we can buy something new! He's not buying it! Maybe we'll take him back to school shopping after the sale, I'm sure that would get his mind off of things!
Oops, one more cute thing Logan said today. We were in the elevator heading out to our cars and there was a little boy in a wheel chair. I'm not sure what he had, but he was cute as a button. I was proud, Logan looked at him, smiled, but didn't say anything. When we got off the elevator he looked at me and said, "mommy, that boy has a dis-a-biliteee." Kind of a big word for a little guy, but he got it out, and he knew what it meant! I think the first step to helping our kids gain acceptance of others is through awareness. It's becoming less and less of a big deal to him, he doesn't gawk, or laugh, or ask rude questions. I think he would be a great friend to have in school. He's definitely aware and he knows he wants people to treat his sister nicely, so he's learning to do the same for others with disabilities.
Hello world!
3 years ago
4 comments:
I just took my 2 1/2 year old twins to the dentist last week. Madalyn was hard to just let me brush her teeth so I knew she would be hard at the dentist. I just had to hold her in my lap and lay her back so her head was sitting on the hygenists-then dentists laps. She screamed but 1--they are used to it, 2--they hurry. I would just certainly try for a pediatric dentist. Now my little Bennett on the other hand did very well. He cried a little but still laid back on his chair and let them look at his teeth and clean them! We wont even go into what the 4 year old sister did... and she has been before!!
Longan is just a sweetheart!!! I love the dentist. Because obviously it makes your teeth brighter and cleener and I'm all about that.!!!
We had our garage sale at the beginning of the summer. I told Colby he could keep all the money from his stuff and buy new toys with it. We looked online at target.com to see what great things there were to buy. That kid drug out tons of toys and clothes and that night was the proud owner of a new Indiana Jones lego set. And I was the proud owner of a less cluttered house!!
I hope your garage sale is a hit! I'm sure Logan will come around with some toys to give up! I hope you are feeling better. As for the dentist, no advice there. Chelsea is a strong girl, she will be sure to let the dentist know whats on her mind. I on the other hand, would love to know if Noah will get anymore than 2 teeth! No need for a dentist with just 2 toothers!
Post a Comment