Thursday, June 12, 2008

Seriously, Again?!

Grrr. Yesterday I mentioned to the dr. that Chelsea's skin had been turning red. It's just like last time she had that awful line infection, her limbs, her torso, and her head would turn bright red, like a sunburn. She said we could do blood cultures if I wanted before they pulled the picc line, so we did. Guess who called me already this morning? Yep, the doctor. One line is growing something. If the other line doesn't grow anything, it could just be contamination, but if the other line grows something that means she truly has a blood infection. Her ANC is almost normal, 1440, and her other counts are good, AND the line is removed, so ... Lord have mercy, we're doing antibiotics orally at home! We'll redo the cultures in 10 days after the antibiotics are finished. Let's pray this medicine takes care of any bugs lurking in her body!

Just for fun, here's my angel half sedated just before the pulled her line:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

she is one beautiful child!! Look at those eyes

Michelle said...

She is beautiful - even half sedated!

How exciting that her PICC line is out! I can't wait to get rid of Karly's Hickman.

I hope the antibiotics do the trick! Glad to hear her counts are good, too.

Mary said...

It doesn't seem to end, does it?

Heather said...

Be gone bugs, be gone!! Enough already. Summer is here and this girl needs to have some fun!

Christina said...

Man, I hope nothing else comes back! Is that a little drop of drool in that picture in the corner of her mouth? LOL She's so cute.