So we're at that point, ... is Chelsea an oncology patient still, or do we just call the pediatrician when she's sick? I'm fairly certain this is just the normal sick, just a little virus. We went to the school to play this afternoon and she played here and there, but was wanting me to hold her a lot. I was thinking she was pretty warm, so when I got home I broke out the old thermometer (I can't wait until that darn thermometer isn't the most important tool in our house). She's been running between 99-100 all night. She mostly wanted to sit on our laps all night and snuggle, which actually, I was kind of soaking up. She gives the best loveys!
I've been taking ibprofen for my sore throat, so I was wanting to give her something since she was acting so sluggish, but then comes the big question. Do we give her Tylenol? You might remember oncology kiddos don't get Tylenol b/c it masks a fever (which we already know she's getting). But she doesn't have a central line anymore to get infected, and her counts are good (not normal, but good) ... so I don't know if all the rules still apply. I called her pediatrician and the on call nurse had to call the on call doctor. Their advice once they called me back? Call the on call oncology nurse. Ryan's in the background going, "what did they say?" Nothing yet, nothing yet. He doesn't understand that every call involves a page and you have to wait, so on and so forth.
I finally got ahold of the hemonc nurse and she said not to use Tylenol so we can see if she officially "spikes". So far she's only hit 100.6, so that's not an official spike. Other than that, it's wait and see. If she spikes tonight, she wants us to take her into the ER for labs. **sigh** Mommy is hoping if she's going to spike a fever she waits until morning! I'm soooo sleepy!
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
We had to call Hemonc for Kennedy any time she got sick for 3 months after treatment ended... then we switched back to her ped... but sometimes I still called Hemonc too, because I'm crazy! haha
Praying Chels feels better soon and you all get some sleep!
UGH! I wonder about that, too. If Karly gets sick now, who do I call? What else do you do - start calling everyone, I guess.
I hope you get to stay home tonight!
Yikes! That poor baby. I have had that weird sore throat sort of run down yuck the last couple of days also. I don't feel bad enough to think I am sick just yucky enough to wish I could lay on the couch and read a book. There must be something going around. I hope that is all she has. Hopefully by morning she is all better!
Let me know if you need us.
Yikes! That poor baby. I have had that weird sore throat sort of run down yuck the last couple of days also. I don't feel bad enough to think I am sick just yucky enough to wish I could lay on the couch and read a book. There must be something going around. I hope that is all she has. Hopefully by morning she is all better!
Let me know if you need us.
I think callin hemonc for a while is your best bet. I know you want to get rid of them all together but just remember, the bad days are behind you. I just got over strept and it took me forever. I went through one dose of antibotics and I'm at the end of a second course. So even though it's summer, we can still get the yuckies. Hang in there.
Kaci
My prayers are that there will be NO spike of fever through the night and NO fever at all by morning!Enough Miss Chelsea girl.
It wasn't long ago that we came to that same bridge with Cade... Who do you call? The funny thing when we did call the hemoc the on call nurse didn't know who we were. :) I guess that should have been our answer. We think & pray for you often.
Blessings The Stapps
Post a Comment