Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekend Update

I apologize for the infrequent updates, but as they say, no news is good news! Nothing grew in Chelsea blood cultures from Friday, so I think we've nipped this infection with the oral antibiotics! We took the kids to a retirement party Saturday night and they danced and played with the other kids all night long. Chelsea couldn't get off the dance floor. She was passed from person to person, everyone wanted to dance with her. Unfortunately I think someone may have passed a bug to our family b/c Logan, Chelsea and I have felt a little yucky the past couple of days. Just sore throats, stuffy noses; the basic summertime cold!

Sunday night my mom invited us over for dinner b/c she wanted Ryan to hang a couple of blinds at her house. She ended up inviting the whole family so we had quite a crew over at Grandma's for dinner. The cousins all played in the pool, it was the first time Chelsea has gone swimming this year! You would think I would have taken a ton of pictures, but I didn't, I don't really know why! Chelsea had a ball in the water and Aunt Hannah did a great job of keeping a close eye on her as she ran around the pool. There were a couple of close calls, but we managed to revive both of the victims.

First, that ornery boy of mine, hopped on top of an innertube while his 3 year old cousin was stuck inside, his head underwater. As little Aaron fought to get out, Logan continued pushing on his head until the adults got to him. Later when we asked him why he did that he said, "why didn't Aaron just hold his nose?" Innocent yes, but also very scary! Shortly after Miss Chelsea was eating a chip and trying to climb up onto a chair at the same time and the chip didn't go down very well. We look over to see her Aunt Maggie headed towards us with Chelsea not breathing!

Ryan took her and started banging on her back trying to get it out of her mouth. I was screaming, "give her to mom!" I'm not sure if it was b/c she's my mom or b/c she's a nurse, I expect her to know how to do all that stuff automatically. At one point when she was in Ryan's arms her entire face was bright red and the area around her lips was completely purple. It sounds awful, but I can't tell you how quickly her life flashed before my eyes. I was truly afraid for her life. How could we make it through cancer, but she can't pass this chip?!!! We stopped pounding when she started making a coughing noise, but then she started turning colors again like it was relodged in her throat. Once again we attempted to get it dislodged. Eventually she managed to get it loose, but it took a couple of minutes. We were all pretty shaken after that. No more food for Chelsea unless she's sitting and strapped in!

Maggie still loves Miss Chelsea, but I bet she'll learn the heimlich before feeding her again!


Grandma Barb, Aunt Peggy and our angel.


The crew. On the far left you can see Logan and Aaron, evidently Aaron's got over the incident and wasn't mad. Those two are inseperable!


Grandma "Bob" snuggling w/ Chels.


I'm going to go up here to mow.


This morning Ryan and I went to the dermatologist and they removed the basal cell from Ryan's neck. He said he didn't feel a thing. It's covered right now, but the doctor said there is a one inch spot on his neck and five stitches. He'll go back next Tuesday for them to check it out, remove the stitches and give him the report from the lab they're sending it to. We're expecting them to tell us they got it all!

Lastly, for my Mary Kay fans, I wanted to share with you some AMAZING new products! The new mineral colors are here! There are brand new mineral eye colors, cheek colors, and highlighting powders. If you've made it this far reading, you'll be glad b/c I'm running all of the new products at 25% off thru Monday, June 30! Details on my sidebar, including how to order. As always, include your full name, shipping address, phone number and email with your order and I will contact you soon with your total including shipping!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Such absolute joy to see Chelsea doing fun, regular stuff!!! I smile every single time I see her just sponging up life!!

Ballerina Girl said...

Do you have a pet? Oh that part about Chelsea chocking got me wide eyed and scared.She is such a darling. THat saying " Live life as it happens" was writen just for her!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

So glad she was able to have fun swimming. Don't worry about the pictures! You didn't take any because you were just enjoying the time!

The choking situation must have been pretty scary. Glad she is okay!

My Three Sons said...

I'm sure that the choking episode was scary. Just remember that if she is choking, she still has a patent airway and that is good. Anyways, I'm glad despite of a few scary moments you had a great weekend. I've got someone from Kansas EMS returning my call and believe it or not, from Topeka KS. I'll e-mail you when he calls me back and let you know. If he has anything to e-mail I will have him e-mail me and forward it to you.

Hope you have a great week,

Kaci

Mary said...

How scary! I would have been a nervous wreck after those two incidents! Glad everyone survived!