Monday, June 16, 2008

Gardens, Kids, Bugs and Butts!

This weekend we put a lot of work into our garden. For me, picking fresh vegetables in the summer is my reward for all the hard work we put in during the springtime. We've laid straw down over newspaper to prevent the water from splashing back up onto the tomato plants, which eventually kills them from the bottom up.

We ran out of straw and went to buy some from a farmer that lives a couple of miles away. They lived in a house with a little apartment attached. I commented how that was a neat idea, and I might like to do something like that eventually so Chelsea can live independently, but still close by. Logan piped in that he was going to live with us too, and he is NOT moving out.

Our conversation only got better. I asked him how many kids he was going to have and after some serious thinking, he very decisively announced, three. "Why three kids?" I asked. "Well, ... five then," he replied. Confused I asked him to clarify and he simply told me, "we'll have five tooth brushes." Impressed at how quickly he calculated the tooth brush dilemma, I asked him who would the five tooth brushes belong to. His response?

"Well, one would be mine, and one would be the girls' ..."

"What girl?" I asked before he could continue, curious if he would reply Abby, or his latest crush, Olivia, from preschool.

He put me in my place, telling me with sarcasm, "my woman."

Not exactly the response I predicted, but it did make me chuckle. Where does he come up with this? And if you're wondering, ... NO, Ryan does not refer to me as his "woman." ;)

My little man managed to make us laugh again tonight when he came darting into the house crying hysterically. As soon as I said, "what's wrong?" his cries escalated. Ryan wasn't buying it, but I could see the tips of two of his fingers were bleeding just a little bit. After cleaning it and putting a bandage on his finger Ryan made a last ditch attempt at settling him down. In between his cries Ryan explained that we really needed to know what "bug" he was talking about that bit him. He had said a wasp, then he decided it was a yellow jacket. Finally Ryan said, "Logan you have to tell us what it was in case it was something poisonous." I looked at him in shock and said, "really?" He had me worried for a minute. Logan's tears suddenly ceased and he confessed, "I touched a sharp plant."

On another note, Chelsea is fighting antibiotic butt. (laughing ... yes, some of you know what I'm referring to.) She hasn't had diarrhea, but it seems that all dirty diapers are causing skin burns on her bottom. It's so painful she squirms when I hold her on my hip, she won't let me get near her with a baby wipe, and she won't even sit down in the tub, she prefers to squat. My poor little munchkin, I can't wait to get done with this medicine.

Tomorrow is a big day for me, I'm back to teaching Jazzercise again! I teach Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9:15, and daycare is provided if anyone is interested in coming to class!

8 comments:

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

How funny! YOu know, Abby told me a couple of weeks ago that she had decided to go ahead and marry Logan. She had a crush at preschool also but in the end decided, and these are her words, "Logan has been here the longest. I should marry him!"

She also said she wants five kids and that they are going to live at home. I guess those kids are on the same wavelength.

I'll call you about getting together. I don't think tomorrow will work as Jamy just gets home late tonigt.

Have a great day!

My Three Sons said...

Aren't kids great? i remember when Cody was about 6 and I asked him to clean his room and he told me he couldn't wait until he got married. I of course asked why and he said so she can clean up after me. Boy do I haven a lot to teach him....
Hope you have a great day and good luck teaching Jazzercise. I just started a private trainer about 3 weeks ago and i have muscle that hurt that I didn't even know that I have. Oh well, in the end, it's for a good cause.

Ballerina Girl said...

Logan is just so cute!! And that video was just darling. I whatched it a couple days late cause I have been VERY BUSY!! I got kinda enoyed with my mom cause Wend. we get new furniture and so my mom was washing walls and telling us to clean and all of that junk ugh!
~Julia~

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

That is hilarious!!! I would have probably peed in my pants if I heard it. It's funny how guys never change...I think their thoughts are the same starting at birth : ). Thanks for sharing such a cute story, it put a big smile on my face!!!

Pam said...

I feel ya on the clyndimyacin. Rhett was on that for a while too. It's so yucky. May the force be with you.

Rhett has a yucky antibiotic butt too. We are using desitin like crazy. Hopefully since he hasn't pooed since sunday it will continue to heal.

I am so glad that the bone marrow came back with great results. You guys deserve it so much.

We love you and think of you each and every day!!

My Three Sons said...

Hey Carey,

I sent you an e-mail but just in case I sent it to the wrong addy, my e-mail is Studio213_kc@sbcglobal.net.
Take care,
Kaci

My Three Sons said...

Hey Carey,

I sent you an e-mail but just in case I sent it to the wrong addy, my e-mail is Studio213_kc@sbcglobal.net.
Take care,
Kaci

Anonymous said...

I sent in my marrow donor pack yesterday in honor of Chelsea....our kids are so wonderful and I just couldnt pass this opportunity by just maybe I can help someone in the future:)
Denise
NE Indiana
www.caringbridge.org/in/sydneylynne