When you finish with cancer treatment, it's like you've been given another chance at life. Chelsea has survived and we are all starting a new life together. So while the little things may not mean much to other people, they are monumental for us. There are lots of 'firsts' to be had, and here's one of them.
Chelsea's first bath ... with no tubies, with no tape, no press n seal. Just a bath. What a milestone!
I know a lot of cancer patients do not have external tubes, they have ports which are surgically placed inside the skin and then accessed when administering medicine. Throughout Chelsea's treatment, she always had tubes that stayed with her the entire time. They had to be protected from water because they could be a huge source of infection (which we saw happen ... lots).
Hello world!
3 years ago
6 comments:
This makes my heart happy, Carey! What wonderful news. And a bath with no tubes, etc. SO great! YAY CHLESEA~you are such a strong little girl! Love from Elliot and me!
Carey,
That is GREAT news!!!! Way to go Chelsea!!! Now you can sleep a lot easier at night.
As far as the medicine thing goes, I have to give Carson Singular everynight and it is in powder form. I try to give it to him with applesauce or ice cream. I end up wearing it more than he eats. I can relate. I started feeding him the applesauce with a medicine spoon so he knows he is taking medicine and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. Good luck with that. I know you said you tasted it. Is there anyway to give it to her through a straw and put the straw as far back in her mouth as possibe? Maybe that way she wont get the full yucky taste in her mouth???? Just keep reminding yourself that it is only for about 7 more days!
How Awesome! Yippee!!! Have fun splashing, Chelsea!
Oh, the little things in life. Taken so for granted often. What a joy to see her experiencing the simple stuff of childhood!
Great news, adorable video, gorgeous, cancer-free little girl. You did it!!!
I don't know why but that video just totally sent me into a wave of tears!!! Must be the icky hospital feeling is still lingering with my.
I watched it and thought....YES!!!! It's finally over for them!! I couldn't be any happier for you.
You guys did it, and you are awesome.
Lot's of Loves,
Pam and Rhett
Post a Comment