Chelsea is scheduled to start chemo tomorrow afternoon. I called the nurse today and requested we did blood cultures on her today as she's still not acting quite right. Her cheeks are bright red and have been for the last few days. She also woke up multiple times last night screaming. It wasn't her normal moan or cry, it was a scream. May have been nightmares, it's just impossible to say. I also asked the nurse to schedule an appointment for the ENT when we arrive tomorrow, but never heard back on that. THEN, today, I started feeling ucky. My throat is raw, and I just feel exhausted (which I am from running her meds in the middle of the night). Tonight will be my night to SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP!!! I'll be praying she sleeps through the night. I also asked the nurse to see about pushing chemo back a couple of days ... it's very very hard to be in the hospital with your child on chemo while you're sick. She said she'd check and call me back. Once again, never heard back on that either.
Ryan is going to work tomorrow and then drive up and meet us tomorrow night. Logan will be in good hands with grandparents for the week. He will get to come up on Mother's Day though and spend the day with me! When we told him tonight at dinner what was going on, he started crying. He told Ryan, "I want to come home with you." Ryan about started crying too. Praise the Lord this is our LAST ROUND!!!!! I don't know how much more we can do. My little man has been so tough through this whole thing, all he wants is his mom and dad. We reminded him this was it, this was the last one, and we talked about all the fun things we would do this summer, bike riding, picnics, swimming, and play dates at the park. That cheered him up some.
The show Deal or no deal is on in the background, and I just happened to hear the contestant say, "Howie, I've been through a lot of stress in my life, but nothing compares to this." That just makes me want to throw up. Seriously, are there really people who's biggest decision in life is ... Deal or No Deal? Seriously?!!!
Hello world!
3 years ago
2 comments:
The show Deal or no deal is on in the background, and I just happened to hear the contestant say, "Howie, I've been through a lot of stress in my life, but nothing compares to this." That just makes me want to throw up. Seriously, are there really people who's biggest decision in life is ... Deal or No Deal? Seriously?!!!
No truer words could have been spoken. Reading your blog for as long as I have, some people need to take a walk in your shoes and then they could tell a story of stress and decisions.
I was just talking to Mark last night about one of the by products of going through what we have been through this last year and it has been my definite lack of tolerance of some people and some situations. I would never, ever wish any of this on anyone but it certainly would bring some much needed perspective to some peoples lives and what they qualify as stress!!!!
Hope you and Chelsea begin to feel better and can get to her last round. I will be thinking of you.
Post a Comment