I hesitate to post anything, but I'm afraid Chelsea's not feeling well. Once again, it's nothing that really sticks out at me, just very flushed cheeks, her temp is higher than normal and she's not sleeping too well. It seems like when I have these feelings, trouble is lurking just around the corner. I so hope that's not the case this time. I had the HH nurse come out again today, the site of her picc line looked awful and bloody and I wanted her to check it and change the dressing again if needed. She agreed we needed to clean it up, but she couldn't get it all cleaned up. A large area (about the size of a half dollar) that we thought was dark dried on blood, must be a bruise, b/c it won't come off of her skin. It's a very dark bruise, makes me sad for her. The nurse said they don't normally do that, but Chelsea's so active, that's probably what's going on.
Also, chemo has been moved up to Tuesday. They overbooked chemo admits for Wed., so they bumped us up. My mom pointed out that I'll only get one full night of sleep before returning :( She finishes her antibiotics Monday, so that will be my only full night of rest. That stinks! I would ask Ryan to take over tonight or tomorrow night, but he's kind of a zombie in the middle of the night, I'm not sure I want him messing with her line ;) Sorry dear.
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
Here's hoping you have a quiet night (well, as quiet as possible with antibiotic treatment) and I hope morning sees Chelsea well rested & healthy!
Trust your instincts. You haven't been wrong yet. I hope you guys have a great weekend at home before you head back in for this final round. Can you believe how far you have come since round 1? Amazing, isn't it?
Do you need me to pick up my Mary Kay order before Tues? Just let me know!
Prayers that Chelsea stays healthy!
How many days does her chemo last. What hospital are you at I want to come visit!? You can email me at dancestarjl@gmail.com Thanks!!!
JUlia
I hope she is doing okay. I have been thinking of you guys.
I won't let Andy get up and do anything for Rhett in the middle of the night either. He is so dopey if he is woken up out of his beauty sleep!!
((HUGS))
Pam and Rhett
Hi Carey, Hope sweet Chelsea is feeling better and you & Ryan are getting some reasonable sleep. I know what you mean about the "hubby" needing to do anything in the middle of the night. For me, it's just gives me a peace of mind to handle mid-night stuff. Always in our thoughts in prayers. Hugs Terry & Noah
Hugs & prayers.
I'm thinking mommy's brains are wired differently for the sake of middle of the night kid care.
I hope your wrong this time with your gut feeling. I have seen many PICC lines bruise and bleed. I wouldn't worry about it. But it is definately better to keep it cleaned. Good work, mommy!
Post a Comment