Tuesday, April 15, 2008

update 2

CT scan, unsuccessful. Actually we didn't even try. I would have had to hold her completely still for 3-5 minutes, or it wouldn't have worked. Then that means she would be exposed to extra radiation for no reason. They said if she takes a nap we can come back, so we're going to take her to eat (after we get counts) then we'll do our ENT appointment which will again be traumatic and likely wear her out. THEN hopefully she'll zonk out. I figure if I can get her zonked in my arms, then lay her down on the table oh so carefully, still holding her in my arms, and then slowly move away, maybe she'll stay alseep. I may have to lean over and hold on to her on the table for a minute until she falls back into a deep sleep. We'll see! Cross your fingers this works! She should be exhausted enough, she's been up since 5:45am!

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

That's exactly how we got Kennedy's CT done... she fell asleep. It's too traumatic otherwise. Good luck!

Beth said...

Poor thing....Thinking of you guys!