Last night I didn't get to sleep until 4am. And even then, Chelsea was sleeping next to me on the parent bed, kicking, thrashing, moaning and crying. At 6am we gave her more oxycodone and I put her back in her crib for a few more hours of sleep. We were both exhausted this afternoon and took a long nap. Surprisingly, she didn't need platelets today, they went up from 30 to 34! Guess what else went up?
ANC - 10!!!!!!!
WBC - .71
HGB - 9.1
PLT - 34
We may be on our way...maybe. They'll do labs Thursday and Friday morning and if she shoes significant rises we'll roll out of this joint after the last round of antibiotics Friday afternoon. That would be perfect to be home for the weekend. I think I'm seriously losing my mind this time. Seriously. how? many? more? days? can? I? do? this?
Tonight we have a big bed in our room and I'm going to try and sleep with her in that ... and what do you know, just now she's starting the moan thing again. I'd like to say it helps to sleep with her, but really it doesn't. She'll still cry, I just won't have to get up to comfort her. Poor baby! The nurse practitioner peeked in her ear and said it looks better, still pink and a little gooey, but better. They doubt that's the cause of her woes. More likely, it could be her bone marrow recovering. Some kids say their bones hurt badly as it recovers (and they're counts are rising). If I'm going to be up with her all night fussing, I'd rather be up with her at home!
Hello world!
3 years ago
8 comments:
Carey-hang in there. If Chelsea can do it, then you definitely can because she gets her strength from you. You are both amazing. Stay strong. We continue to send our positive thoughts & prayers your way. You can do this! Ladybug hugs!
So glad things are going so well (knock, knock, knock) :)
I am so sorry I have not made it in this week. This have been a little stressful, imagine that! I have no clue when I will be up again. I am hoping you guys are outta there before I come back...you know what I mean by that;) Anyways, if not I will stop in. I sure miss you guys!
Only 1 round left...That is sooooooo exciting!!!
Love and prayers as always!
Oh I hope you can get to go home this weekend! So glad her numbers are better. I just wish she didn't hurt.
Congrats on the bubble blowing on the last post. I understand the excitement. I was thrilled when Gabi started being able to do it.
Sorry to hear of Chelsea's bad night, but I'm glad to hear that you might be going home this weekend! Our lives are on such parallel tracks! I look forward to reading through the rest of your blog.
It is great news that her counts are rising but I am so sorry that she is in pain!!! We'll be thinking of you all!!!
Oh Carey -
I am sending many prayers and healing thoughts your way. There is nothing worse than watching your children in pain. My heart aches for you.
Stay strong!!
Carey,
We are always praying. You are doing an amazing job with Chelsea. Spending days and days on end in the hospital is very trying. I pray that whatever it is that is causing Chelsea pain will be resolved soon.
Thinking of you and praying always
Megan
Carey,
This morning when I walked into school I told Mrs.C. That I was reading your blog and- thenshe said "Last night Chelsea's grandma stopped by and told her that a Julia from her class posted a comment on thier blog. I was excited when I heard that! And you think your losing your mind, thats what I think about myself. Some reasons: I put the phone in the fridge. I tried to put the milk jug back where the drinking glasses are. I looked for my dogs leash in the pencil drawer and a pincil in the fridge. See ya
~Julia~
Post a Comment