
Tonight I have a few things to share with you! First, a friend (okay, so we've never met, but we're online friends) has just recently published a book about her first two years with her son (who happens to have Down syndrome). I am thrilled to get my copy of the book, I can't wait to read it! I you're interested, you can hop over to her blog to read more about Roadmap to Holland (including how to get your own copy!) There may be a contest you could just win your own copy!
Then a darling friend Bethany over at the Polkadot Platypus was kind enough to purchase and then auction off some mascara to help me complete my challenge. She has some beautiful things at her site. She ALSO has contests and give aways on her blog so check it out!
My friend Kim, from T21 forwarded Chelsea's story to some of her friends, and one of them, Rachel, has made something very special to auction off for Chelsea. If you're interested, you can check it out on her site, and bid by signing the guestbook at the bottom of the page, or you can email Rachel your bid (sweetlilrachy00 [at] aol [dot] com). All proceeds from the auction will be donated to us and you get a cute little gift!
And how could I forget the nice folks at Baby Legs who so kindly donated a box full of baby legs (thanks Sam!) for Chelsea and I to hand out at Children's Mercy. It was so much fun! They also added to Chelsea's collection, a girl can never have too many babylegs right?!
Finally one of our favorite things ever, something we talk about all the time, arrived at our house tonight! We were so esctatic, one of my friends so kindly donated the entire set of Signing Time for Chelsea!!! My friend knew that while Chelsea was pleased to listen to the 'diaper dance' 463 times a day, Mommy and Daddy were ready for some new songs and some new signs! THANK YOU! We can't wait to share Signing Times with our friends up here at the hospital. I KNOW they'll enjoy it as much as we do. I'll take pictures when we let Chelsea open the box when we get home.....which......will hopefully be Saturday!!!
Ryan and I feel so blessed that these individuals and companies have been so generous to us at this crazy time in our life. I also want to thank all of the individuals and families, all of whom I could never post here, for all you've done for us. Everytime someone does something special for us, we talk about the day when we can pass it on. That's one of our dreams, to one day be in a place that we are able to pass it on to others in need. We will never forget all of you that have helped us. Thank you!
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
Oh Carey....what a wonderful list. I'm so very glad about the Signing Times, baby legs, the mascara sales...all good news.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
love ya!
It is a wonderful list - all in honor of a very wonderful little girl and her family!!!!
I hope Chelsea is having a good day!
Beth
I do hope your sweet girl gets to go home soon, because that'll mean her numbers are good!
Hugs!!!!
You are more than welcome. :) I can't think of a more deserving person. And I must say that Chelsea looks so cute laying there in her argyle babylegs! I love that print!
Thanks for your comments about the PIC line! I'm sure Myla will be more active this time around, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Have a wonderful weekend at home!
Raul
Post a Comment