Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pic line

Pic line placement successful. It was a very quick procedure and Chelsea came out of the sedation screaming and crying in true Chelsea fashion. She has a history of being very angry after the sedation meds. Whew, I couldn't get her back to sleep fast enough. She's taking a nap now and I anticipate that she'll be back to her happy self when she wakes up. We already started her antiiotics in her new line and it's working perfectly so far. Maybe this is something I can handle?!!! She's going to draw labs in a little while so I'll watch that and see how that goes, but I think the pic will work much better than that IV. She can move her arm freely and I've got the perfect cover up for it ... a babyleg! Now that the weather is warming up we thought we wouldn't be using them that much, but ... they're perfect to hold her pic in place and to keep her from playing with it. I don't think she even notices there's anything on her arm. She's been so good at not picking at it!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a relief!! I have been praying for you all afternoon. Thanks for the update!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

What a great idea. I am glad that it seems to be working out and that it is better than you thought it might be. I hope that you guys have a wonderful week.

Love,
Amy

Ballerina Girl said...

When do you think she will be done with chemo? Do you think she will be able to come to the class in May? My e-mail is: dancestarjl@gmail.com!!
Julia

Beth said...

I am so glad it was successful! And what a clever idea for the baby legs! When Bella broke her arm in January - I made her little fabric covers for her cast!!

Hope Chelsea has a good day!

mom2noah said...

Oh my , my little sweetie has been going through so much. I hope all her infections are clearing up. Sending lots of hugs and kisses her way. Terry & Noah

The Bryant Family said...

We came by to see you and Chels this morning while at Mercy and you were sent home! One of these days we will catch you there. I am glad you are home. I hope Chels is doing good and not messing with the line. Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Oh Carey, that is wonderful. I am so glad it is over, so glad she isn't going to be stuck again, and thrilled that she isn't messing with the line.

Lots of love to you and your beautiful family...and some extra love from my WonderBabe to yours.

And wowza, is she a WonderBabe.

Melissa said...

Very clever way to use the Baby Legs! When I had my PIC line, I had ugly gauze :(

Hoping that all goes well and we're always thinking of her!!!