Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Peaceful

It's like night and day. She just wanted to come home. This is a two part update for today...

Part ONE:
Little Missy slept 13 hours straight last night, she was exhausted and just ready to be in her own bed. When I checked on her, she was completely zonked, sleeping so peacefully. She woke up this morning happy, cheerful, and playful. We had a wonderful morning, she played, watched some Signing Time, danced, and 'talked' on the phone. I was just in awe to see the difference one day and coming home could make. I spent the morning on the phone myself. I have way too many phone calls to catch up on since coming home. Why is it that real people don't work at the insurance companies anymore? If I'm calling regarding health insurance, I can assure you I WANT TO TALK TO A PERSON!!! **GRRR**

Part TWO:
THEN this afternoon I noticed she was feeling a little warm and sure enough her temp was hanging out around 99 ... her norm is 97, so that's a low grade fever for her. I kept a close eye on her all day as I knew she was flirting with a full blown fever. Then as soon as Daddy got home from working a 10 hour day, she started fussing. He tried to pick her up while I finished up dinner and she wanted nothing to do with him. She would only accept me and she wanted me to hold her and NOT put her down. Very strange for Chelsea who's always on the go. I managed to finish dinner and we all sat down to eat. I should have known something was up when Logan decided he liked my spaghetti and was EATING IT (yep, he ate the whole bowl!) ... and Chelsea was in her high chair and wasn't touching her food (she's usually LOVES all my cooking.) Well, after reaching for me in her high chair and crying off and on, I got her out and snuggled with her on the couch. I took her temp and sure enough it was up to 101.1 ... the magic number is 101.5 (an official spike). Since that's pretty hot compared to her norm, I called the nurse on call to give her a heads up. We decided if she got any fussier, or if her temp got any higher, we'd go ahead and bring her in. Thank GOD I didn't load her up and head to the hospital then. For the next couple of minutes she sat on my lap, slid down, crawled back up, then got down ... she did that probably 10 times. I told Ryan, I didn't know what was going on, she was acting like she was trying to crawl out of her skin. Can you guess what happened next? Projectile puke. All over mommy. All over the couch. All over the hardwood floors. Five rounds of chemo and I've never seen her puke this much at once! Logan was watching and started screaming and crying, which only added to the environment. Once she was done and we both caught our breathe, she stood up grabbed a towel and tried to help Daddy and I clean up. I took her temp right away, and sure enough it was down to 97! All day she had been fighting this, and once she emptied her stomach she was fine. I've checked on her lots of times since she went to bed and she's fine now! She's once again sleeping peacefully in her own bed! She's pooped. I so thought we were going to be making a trip up to the hospital tonight, whew! Can you imagine what my car would have looked like had we headed up there before she got sick?!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Oh, poor girl. Glad her fever broke. Sorry to hear you were the target...oh, the joy of motherhood. Try to get some rest.

Kei said...

I'm so glad she's home, but sorry that she gave you a scare, followed by an unpleasant shower. Odd that once she emptied her tummy, the fever broke. Whatever works, huh?
Hugs & prayers~

Amy Flege said...

oh icky! sorry you had to catch it all!! hey at least she didnt eat all that spaghetti first! haha
I am so happy you are home and enjoying your own beds!! hugs!

Michelle said...

Oh, I feel for you! But so glad to hear her fever broke & you get to stay home! I know how much better it is, when everyone's sleeping in their own beds!