We've had an incredibly busy weekend. We know it's inevitable that she'll be back in the hospital soon, as soon as Wednesday, so we're trying to do and see a million people in a very short amount of time. Since her counts on Thursday were above 500 she's now safer to be in public (to an extent)...and she's got lots of grandparents that have been dying to see her.
Friday night Grandpa Fred came over by himself and babysat Chelsea while Logan had an overnight with his cousin and Ryan and I went to a movie. In case you're curious we went to the $1 movie and saw I Am Legend. I could have sworn someone told me there was a shot of Will Smith that was totally worth seeing (use your imagination, have to keep the blog G rated.) Either it was in the first 10 minutes (we were late) or the scene didn't quite live up to my hopes. It ended up being a scary movie and I HATE scary movies! When we got home, my dad had gotten Chelsea to sleep and was downstairs waiting for us. I was so impressed, he changed her diaper, rocked her to sleep and got her down without any problems. It was so cute to see him playing with her when we left, I think they both had a really good time together.
Saturday night was my youngest sister's 16th birthday party. Yep, I've got a sister who's 16. I bet you didn't know I was that young huh? Really, I'm only 22! We got to meet her boyfriend for the first time, ahhhh, young love, very cute. I put together the poor man's birthday present. Sixteen candybars...get it? Sweet sixteen...I put it in a gift bag with tissue paper, balloons and a teddy bear especially from Chelsea.
Sunday we tried to take it easy. We went to Ryan's parents for lunch and ate like pigs for the third day in a row. So much for our diets! Then we all came home and took naps in an attempt to make up for that hour we lost the night before.
Finally got lab results back from today:
WBC - 4.7
PLT - 357
HGB - 12.5
ANC - 3,431
My opinion? She's not feeling well, her white blood cells are high b/c she's fighting something off. She's had a runny nose for a couple of days now and today is just a bunch of green goobers, pretty gross. I'd bet when she's feeling well all these numbers will drop. This is just what happened last time, her numbers got unrealistically high b/c she was sick and once she was better, she barely made counts for chemo, 6 weeks after being released from the hospital.
Hello world!
3 years ago
1 comment:
I went with a friend to see I Am Legend. (I don't recall any shots of Will....). Anyway, my friend HATES scary movies and neither of us knew what we were getting into. I watched the entire film with one eye and my poor friend was traumatized! However, even more disturbing than the film, was the family that was sitting next to me with their 7 year old son and 3 year old daughter!!! Can you even imagine taking your kids to see that?
Post a Comment