Originally posted, 3/15/08
Didn't want this to get lost, let's beat our goal of 100! If you haven't yet, please email this link to your friends and family. AND Thanks to your help, Ryan is taking tomorrow OFF ... PAID (with MK funds of course!) I'm so excited! If you want to do more shopping click here.
I'll admit, I'm going to self promote here, so if you don't like it, you don't have to continue reading ;) There's something that's been weighing on my mind lately, so much so I haven't been able to get much sleep in a few days. As you know we're at Children's Mercy for round 5 of chemotherapy. This will inevitably be a tough round. Chelsea will receive chemo for 7 days straight, the longest period of time yet. It's always stressful and scary when she's on chemo, but on top of it I'll be chasing my cute little 2 year old around on a tight leash trying to avoid yet another break in the hickman (you know that central line that runs to a major vein in her chest...it breaks you get a couple of things, lots of blood and chemo on the floor, and risk of severe infection) ... so no big deal there right? ***sigh*** Needless to say I'll be in tip top mommy form for those 7 days, keeping an ever close eye and chasing her like never before.
Now to the part I can't get off my mind. I wish my husband could be there, at the hospital with us. It breaks his heart that she is on these awful chemotherapy's and he can't be there to snuggle her, rock her to sleep, or chase her around. It's scary for both of us and it kills him that he's not there. It's also a great relief to me to have his help as a ratio of 2 to 1 is about what we need when it comes to little Chelsea. The truth of the matter is though, we just can't afford for him to take off any work to be there. In order for us to pay the bills, he must work his 40 hours. Wednesday morning, he went in at 5am so that he could get in 6 hours before we left for the biopsy. Every hour counts, and that's all he can think about lately. You're probably wondering about benefits, paid leave etc. with his new job, but that doesn't really kick in until you've been at a company for a while, and to tell you the truth, the company is small enough we're finding the "benefits" we had hoped for aren't really there. While they offer insurance to their employees, we would still have to pay for the insurance. Yep, not even Ryan gets a reduced or free plan. So we're sticking with our insurance b/c believe it or not, it's cheaper to go out on your own than for the plan he was offered from the company.
I apologize for spilling all of our business, but here's the part where I ask you for your help. Do I want a handout? Absolutely not. I'm on a mission ... and here's my plan. My Mary Kay business has taken a back seat while Chelsea has been going through her chemotherapy, I just haven't had time to focus on it. BUT...that being said, I am still a consultant. So I want you to think seriously about the ONE thing all women use, ONE thing all women need ... mascara. I've done the math, and for every 20 mascaras I sell, we could afford for Ryan to take ONE WHOLE DAY off of work to be with us while she's on chemo! It's like the paid days off he unfortunately doesn't get. I know it sounds like nothing, 20, no big deal right, well that's where I need your help! Let me tell you why you will benefit from helping us:
1. If you're a woman, you use mascara (except for that one who will comment and say I don't use it). If you're a man, trust me, your wife and mother and sister wear mascara.
2. You're going to go buy it anyways, so why not save the gas and let me deliver it to your door. There's no need to drive all the way to WalMart for it! Mary Kay Ultimate mascara beats any drugstore mascara in a heartbeat anyways, no clumping and lash lengthening, you can't beat it.
3. You need to replace your mascara every 3 months for sanitary purposes (no one likes bacteria in their eyes right?) So even if you just bought one recently, you can always buy another now, and keep it in the box until you're ready. The three months don't begin until you open it and begin using it!
4. I can mail mascara! If you live out of state (or out of the area) I'll just ship it to you.
Interested? Here are the details.
I am going to keep this post at the top until we meet our goal...20 mascara's! If you know a woman, you might just forward her the link to this post so she can order a mascara! You can
via paypal, or if you'd prefer the old fashioned way (mailing a check) please email me for our address. For paypal purposes, the total is $16.12 per mascara (multiply accordingly if you're buying extra for, ...your mother, sister, friend etc.) If you are out of state please add $1 for shipping. If you don't have a paypal account, that's okay, click on pay with credit card. Lastly don't forget to add your shipping address to the paypal information! I will ship our black ultimate mascara (we also carry black brown and waterproof). If you'd like to do more shopping, that link will take you directly to my Mary Kay website where you can order.
I appreciate your help more than you could ever know. Chelsea appreciates your help. Ryan, he will be delightfully surprised and downright stunned when I tell him we've sold enough that he can spend a day at the hospital with us. I will keep a tally of the sales on the side bar, so watch out, we're on a mascara mission!
4 comments:
I am so happy that Ryan will get to be with you guys and not have to worry about the pay. I wish I could help..Hopefully, when I get my birthday money - I can order something....
Thoughts and prayers!
Beth
So I cannot help financially right now - but I did include your March Madness Mascara Challenge in a post on my blog. Click here.
I hope you reach your goal!
Beth
Yay for his day off!!! Woo-hoo!!!
Oh my gosh! I just found your blog, from Beth's website. And it's amazing - we have quite a bit in common! My older daughter is beginning her 5th round of chemo today (she is 13). And it's unbelievably hard having our family split up for a week every month - I feel for your husband, not able to be there. My younger daughter, Ruby, has DS - she'll be a year old in May.
I read your post, and I thought - I don't wear mascara! Because when I was younger & wore contacts I always had eye infections ... but I had eye surgery almost 6 years ago. I think I need some mascara! And my MK lady fell off the planet a year ago, so I'd love to order from you, if you don't mind shipping to Wisconsin.
So ... nice to meet you! I hope Chelsea's doing well & can have her daddy with her at the hospital.
Post a Comment