Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pop Quiz

On a lighter note...I thought I'd give my blog readers a little pop quiz...

What color is bone marrow?

The first one to comment with the correct answer wins a prize!

And yes, I took pictures of the procedure today (you know me, always taking pictures!) Just wait until you see the answer for yourself!

10 comments:

Kami R said...

White?

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla said...

If I remember correctly it is red!

Try not to worry too much about not getting the results right away. Waiting is always so hard!! Your family is always in my thought and prayers!

Becky said...

It is red... I thought the white specks in it were bone.. but after reading your post below... I guess not!!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I thought pink, but I have to admit I'm not sure! I've never seen it.

Deaver6 said...

Hi Carey! Okay, I've been reading your blog forever but haven't ever commented before...but you've posed a question that I just can't pass up. lol Now I hope I'm not letting my anatomy professor down (Dr.Young) when I answer that bone marrow can be red or yellow...yellow because it contains more fat? I seem to remember it that way anyway. Eek!

Keep up the good work on your posts. You're reaching so many good hearts this way that are praying for baby Chelsea and her family every single day.

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

I was thinking it is yellow or red, also.

I am sure Chelsea's is rainbows and sunshine though!

Ballerina Girl said...

I think it is ...red or pink.though I'm just guessing.
Bye the way this is Julia I page the pager every afternoon.
Julia

Ballerina Girl said...

I think it is ...red or pink.though I'm just guessing.
Bye the way this is Julia I page the pager every afternoon.
Julia

PM said...

It typically is a shade of red (can be a brownish red or light-depends on iron content) also has white bone spicules. If the white count is extremely high-(like 200,000 -in certain types of leukemia) it will have a very light red color and can look 'milky'. I performed thousands of bone marrows and only once did I see something completely different. Given Chelsea's smile- her's is probably a BRIGHT Yellow-full of sunshine!!
Keep blogging- I enjoy reading it and am happy to hear that her chemo is working.