I forgot to add yesterday, that Chelsea managed to get another hole in her Hickman before we left. Thursday morning the nurse was flushing her line and her shirt got wet...that's not supposed to happen. Those lines can only take so much wear and tear from a two year old. They were able to repair the line again though without replacing it...whew. I hope we don't ever have to completely replace it, b/c that means surgery. Two more rounds, hopefully this one will last! Evidently it wasn't exposed long enough for her to get any bacteria in it to cause an infection.
Speaking of bacteria on her line...we had a major blowout today. We're out of disposable diapers, so I've gone back to the old cloth diapers I made way back when (you know, before she had cancer and we had time for stuff like...cloth diapers). Well, clothe and diahrrea don't mix! It took about 15 seconds and we had poo on the walls, the floor, her hands and feet, and yep her central line. Oops! Of course bathing her afterwards was a major ordeal b/c I had to wrap up her chest w/ press and seal and tape before I can get her wet! Oh, just another day in the life! Can't wait til Ryan gets home! We're off to play outside in the cold.
Hello world!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment