Did you miss us? I know I know, you were probably wondering if we fell off into the ocean, but nope, we're fine. Here's what you missed:
* Wednesday night I home to do some repairs on my car. By the time I got back to the hospital, Chelsea was sound asleep.
* Thursday she had an ANC of 10!!! Yeah! I wanted to update online, but I wasn't feeling well...at all, so I skipped out promising myself I'd update later.
* Friday, her ANC jumped to 118 ... so home we went. It took me FOUR trips to the car to get everything loaded, and then I still had to come back up for Chelsea!
Then you know once we're home, we've got some serious family time to make up on. So...I talked Ryan out working a side job on Saturday (which I'm still hearing about), and we played outside ALL weekend. We finally got the car washed and all the toys picked up from the yard (yep the toys that have been sitting out there since we were diagnosed in Sep.!!!) I'm sure our neighbors are happy about that!
So this week I'll work on getting unpacked and catching up on laundry. Then by next week I'll have to start packing again for round 5. Did I mention how much I love life...no seriously, we're so happy to all be here together. We ALL took naps on Saturday and today. We've been playing (and cleaning) so hard, we're all pooped. Logan took a 4 hour nap today!!! Last night we watched Bridge to Terebithia with Logan in our bed then snuggled up for some good zzz's. By 3am I was in Logan's bed wishing for some sleep. It probably would have been easier to just move Logan, but I was too tired.
And some more AWESOME news?!!! Logan learned how to ride his bike today! We drove down to the school parking lot since we don't have any pavement here and within minutes he was riding. The wind was gusting 30-40 miles/hour today, so it was a bit tricky, but I'm confident on our next nice (non-windy) day he'll be a champ. We're hoping to get him a nice new bike for his birthday next month. Although he's a handful at times, he SO deserves a FANTASTIC birthday this year. He's one tough little kid, and we may celebrate his birthday in the hospital, but we'll still spoil him rotten!
Our next big journey? Bone marrow biopsy Wednesday. Ryan's working 12 hours on Monday and Tuesday so that he can take off Wednesday to go with us. (Please pray for my sanity as 12 hour days are rough on both of us!) We likely won't have the results until Friday or Monday which could make for a long and grueling weekend. Just today we had Chelsea worn out by 10am and she just sat in the mud crying reaching her arms out for us across the yard. She wouldn't stand up, walk, crawl...nothing. We just looked at each other with big eyes and I know we were both thinking the same thing. Please, please, tell us she's just tired out and she's not sitting there crying b/c IT is back.
Hello world!
3 years ago
11 comments:
Wow you were in and out and we're still here! How'd that happen LOL!
Yeah for Logan learning to ride his bike!
OK Carey QUIT it! She is still in Remission and her bone marrow test will just confirm it. I do know how hard it is wondering what if though. HUGS!
Nicki & Ashlyn
cp: ashlynnichole
So HAPPY to read that Chelsea is home and the four of you had good quality family time this weekend. Way to Go Logan on learning to ride your bike!! Prayers for Chelsea's continuous recovery and bone marrow test. Believing it will reflect remission.
Big Hugs,
Michelle & Matthew
ps - thanks for my shirt!! you are awesome - although I feel terrible for being MIA for the team.
All fabulous news!! And don't fret... everything will turn out GREAT!! She's a tough kid and you guys are on your way to being done!
I'm glad to see Chelsea go home. I was getting so worried because I was checking everyday and no update. My prayers are with your family and I am praying that IT hasn't come back.
Hi Carey, we sure missed you all. I'm happy to see you and Chelsea are home. What great news about Logan learning to ride his bike. The bone marrow tests will come back negative....and sweet Chelsea will round another base towards homeplate. Hope you are getting some well deserved rest. Hugs & Kisses. Terry & Noah
So glad you are home and get to be all together again. That is great news about Logan and his bike - very exciting. I hope the bone marrow tests go well!
Glad to hear you are home and got to enjoy the awesome weather we had over the weekend. I am very confident Chelsea is just exhausted from all the excitement and trying to keep up with her big brother! Now quit worrying and start enjoying a solid week of family time!!
It is very tiresome being in the hospital and that is all there is to that. IT has not come back and isn't going to. She has had a long weekend, she is bound to be tired.
Hugs to you both,
Stephanie and Aiden
Praying that IT is not back!
I think it's great that you got to spend some time as a family and outside! I am hoping to do that after Gabi gets home from school.
I'm so happy to hear that you are all home. WTG Logan! That's exciting! And, I too pray that IT is long gone honey! Every day we pray! Hugs, sister!
Hi Carey,
I am always keeping Little Miss Chelsea in my prayers. She has a special place in my heart ever since that "Wild Thing" video. I am happy she's home, and I will pray the test comes up Negative. Hugs to you and her, and I hope she just gets good rest and feels better soon.
Julie and Mina
Post a Comment