Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Guess What I Did Today?

I put Chelsea in her crib naked (ok, she had a diaper on of course), threw her pants and tshirt in the bed, and I left the room for a few minutes. When I came back in, look what I found!!!!




Okay, so they're backwards, but they're on all the way!!!! Woohoo!!! She was so proud of herself! You know the funny thing is I really don't know at what age 'typical' kids start dressing themselves, I just know we've been working on this for a couple of months, and for her to work so hard and get it ALL on her own, just thrills me. In your own time baby, in your own time!!!

9 comments:

Becca said...

That is SO awesome!!! Wow! Samantha managed to get her pants off once, but getting them on would be quite a feat! Great job, Chelsea!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

WTG Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK said...

This deserves a big old HOORAY! What a great way for me to end my day, seeing her showing off a new skill!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Yay for Chelsea!! That is awesome!

The Bryant Family said...

WAY TO GO CHELSEA!!! I would have been jumping up and down, hopping and howlering! YES!!!!

Beth said...

That is awesome - my 2 1/2 year old doesn't dress herself yet (she tries to dress and undress)!!

I think they look great on backwards- Chelsea could start a new trend!!!

mom2noah said...

How awesome! WTG Chelsea, I'm so proud of you. Noah is still at the pulling off socks & hats stage. So Chelsea please bringing on the impression! Hugs & Kisses

Jen said...

On the 30 month ASQ, we ask, "After you put on loose-fitting pants around her feet, does your child pull them up completely up to her waist?"

And according to the Denver, the age that a child will be able to put on clothing (underpants, socks, shoes, jacket, etc)goes like this:
25% of kids who are 20 mos, 15 days
50% of kids who are 23 mos, 15 days
75% of kids who are 26 mos, 12 days
90% of kids who are 30 months old.

So.....

WAY TO GO CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Way to go!! What a big girl. So proud of her