Today was not our best day. It may have been one of the worst days Chelsea's had since she started chemo. She awoke many times last night crying, presumably because she had so much pain every time she peed. I would comfort her and rock her, then she would fall back asleep. She had a couple doses of pain medicine throughout the night and while it doesn't take the pain away, it helps a little. I was told that she's likely having bladder spasms which can be very painful. She woke up crying again this morning, and I was pretty groggy from the night, but I found her nurse and she gave her another dose of oxycodone. We got up and as she was sitting in her high chair I noticed she was awake, but in a trance. She was a completely different kid. It was likely the pain meds, but I don't remember them ever effecting her this significantly. Between 10-12 she dozed next to me. She would sleep for a few minutes then sit straight up, eyes still closed, then I would lay her down again. One time she sat up picked up my hand and put it against her cheek, tilted her head and went back to sleep. It seemed as though she was half sedated most of the day. We own 5 Signing Time videos and I watched each one of them three times today. I need to find another movie that she will watch!
She took another lengthy nap from 3-6. We were out near the nurses station watching another little girl play and Chelsea just laid on my lap. Finally around 7:30, her curiosity got the best of her and she mustered up just enough energy to walk over and see what the girl was playing. After a cup of apple juice she seemed a bit more energized and began cruising the halls and visiting friends. Although not her typical perky self, she was acting much more Chelsea-like. She virtually ate nothing today which probably makes you pretty tired (I wouldn't know, I tend to make up for her not eating ... we can't waste the food can we?!) We watched a few more Signing Time movies and she went to bed just before 10. They started her on a new medicine this afternoon to help with some of the pain she's having every time she goes to the bathroom. I think it may be working as she had a wet diaper earlier and she didn't cry. I hope it's working. My cold is ever so slowly improving and I've got a monstorous headache to boot tonight, ... I'm looking forward to a full nights rest.
Hello world!
3 years ago
9 comments:
Sounds like you could use a COUPLE of GOOD days. Hope today is MUCH better! Hugs and kisses to you and Chels....
Chris & Eddy
My cousin, Samantha (BabyLegs) forwarded your mascara info to me. I've been reading your blog and am amazed by your courage, strength and faith. I haven't met you - but can tell you are an amazing woman - and that your kids are blessed to have been sent to you. I'll continue to keep your family, especially Chelsea, in my prayers. - Michele
Can they give her the little purple pill like us big girls take when we have a bladder infection. The one that numbs things. I forget the name of it....might be something that would work. Turns the pee bright orange.....darnit what is the name of it.
I hope Chels feels better soon.
Darn, poor baby and poor Mommy! I hope you guys got some good rest last night and that today is much better. Hopefully, her antiboditics will start to work soon!
Prayers your way!
Hi Carey,
You don't know me, but I have been following your blog for quite a while. I wanted you to know that I am praying for Chelsea, and for YOU. I can't imagine the strength that it must take to be there for your sweet one day in and day out. I'm sure you are tired! Please know that I gain encouragment from Moms like you.
Sending thoughts and prayers for you all, especially for Chelsea and that she has a better day today.
Hugs,
Beth
Sending thoughts and prayers for you all, especially for Chelsea and that she has a better day today.
Hugs,
Beth
I love to check on Chelsea every day! Hope today is a better day! I am so happy to see how many mascaras you have sold. 6 days off work for you hubby.. that is WONDERFUL!! Are you going to choose a different item for next month to sell? I think that would be a good idea because it makes it really easy to "donate" when you are buying just a small affordable item but helping you out in such a big way.
It makes me so sad to hear my Chelsea is in so much pain. I hope she is improving today and you both can snuggle with each other just because not to ease pain. Girl you cracked me up on your post below with your picture. Mascara or no Mascara you are beautiful inside and out.
PS. Does Chelsea like Elmo?
Post a Comment